Kid's Retrobike....

peguinpower

Old School Hero
I don't think I've seen a kid's retrobike on here, so I thought I'd post this. It just got an overhaul and will probably end up as a daily rider for some local kid or somebody's really short girlfriend :) The frame is a size 13.5.

I'm thinking its a 95ish Specialized Stumpjumper Expert. The mix is of XT and LX parts that I had, but most of it's original. It came out really nice, if I may say so myself.

IMG_9510jade2jade2.jpg

IMG_9511jade2.jpg

IMG_9507jade2.jpg

IMG_9508jade2.jpg

IMG_9509jade2.jpg

That is sweeet :cool:

Mrs Bob's got a dinky little bike, she's only 4'11" and it's not easy finding these little frames without going for kiddie size 24" wheels :( unfortunately it's a modern'ish heavy lump of Trek, would like to get something like the Stumpy, you've done a lovely job on it :cool:

Here's her Trek

2012-07-14_20-27-27_684.jpg

thanks.

im always on the lookout for retros, and only buy my size. but i came aross this rig, and i couldnt leave it behind.

so, like a lost dog, i took it home, and fed it :)

peguinpower":1hw0vbf0 said:
thanks.

im always on the lookout for retros, and only buy my size. but i came aross this rig, and i couldnt leave it behind.

so, like a lost dog, i took it home, and fed it :)

its wonderful, my boy is 8 this week, wanna swap for 19" purple 1992 Kona Lava dome?

I know what you mean though I keep buying bikes and won't part with em. been riding round the park with my boys on a Raliegh Twenty I picked up at the weekend from a car boot my eldest boy wouldn't let me have it back : )

Did this a few years ago, boys still riding and loving it.

Attachments

• miniclockwork-2.jpg
    miniclockwork-2.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 1,555
  • miniclockwork2.jpg
    miniclockwork2.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,555
Back