Magura hydraulic rim brakes - info please

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Would like to fit some to my Sidekick, but not sure which ones to go for. Stuff like model/year, good/bad points, how easy to set up etc would be very useful.
Thanks in advance :D

Fun and games to set up but when they are they never need to be messed with, apart from pad changes which is like playing with lego. Best rim brakes ever end off.

If you assemble them all finger tight they are reasonably easy to set up. Only tighten when the alignment is right. After that they will need nothing more than replacement pads to snap in for the next 10 years :cool:

Lovely lovely brakes, totallly recommend them, just make sure the QR bolts are included if you're buying used becuase it's a pain setting up and changnig tyres without them although you can pick them up on the bay. Changing pads is a piece of cake.

hamster":15asccjp said:
If you assemble them all finger tight they are reasonably easy to set up. Only tighten when the alignment is right. After that they will need nothing more than replacement pads to snap in for the next 10 years :cool:

That's indeed the best way to set them up. Easier still is if you have the model with the later type Evo booster

What would you like to know ? I have been running these on at least one of my bikes for the past 15 years or so ??? set up properly they can out do a set of hope discs in the wet (tried and tested in scotland on a very wet october afternoon)

any advice just send me a reply/message
(I'm also a qualified mechanic too)

Tino

Back