Really short toe clips?

converse320

Devout Dirtbag
I´m looking for a supplier of REALLY short toe clips, ideally the miniclips without straps. This is for my wife, who wears size 5s.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mks-half-deep-s ... h-leather/

something like this but shorter.

Or does anyone have any other suggestions? She refuses to wear cycling shoes. Her new bike (´77 Mercian Olympique) has fairly close clearances and she needs something to keep her feet out of the front wheel.

Just like this but shorter....these are exactly the ones I´ve fitted from the parts bin as a temporary solution, but they only seem to come in something for about mens size 9.

I have some small plastic ones at home I bought for my daughter's bike. I'll try to find them later if you think they'll do, probably a bit cheap and nasty for a Mercian though!

Mark.

i've got some lovely NOS ALE toe clips - size small, cpolour black
you could use them with or without straps:
looking for 10 pounds posted but can't sort pics for a few days

I have some adjustable ones that come really small. You can't have them but I reckon you would find some. Suntour one that come with a matching pedal.

That didn't come out right did it?
Try to find some Suntour pedals that have an integral clip. They adjust for length and go very small.

OK, thanks everyone. It´s not a very posh Mercian BTW, cheap ebay find that needed a lot of work. Nice frame but some fairly cheap bits on it.

I´d like to take oldmuthariley up on his offer re the ALES - thnk they are probably about the right period and black would suit well. Let me know how you´d like to be paid.

I´ll also keep an eye open for the Suntours.

It´s odd that the Mercian has such tight clearances - its much tighter than some out and out racers I have, even though its set up as a tourer. My guess is its maybe been converted from something a bit sportier. But its the only Mercian we´ve got so haven´t got anything else to compare it to - maybe they´re all like this.

It's a problem on any small frame with 27" or 700c wheels - either you have silly long reach or toe overlap.

Hmm - but I have a 49cm Ron Cooper TT bike which is 2cm smaller and which has about an inch more clearance between pedals and front wheel. Seems a bit odd.

Back