i was going, even with the headset spacers and the decent rise
on the stem, i think i'm just too used to the wide sit up and beg
riding position on my GT :roll: , the 2.2 rear tyre was rubbing
the frame at the seat stays, only wider bars i had was a pair of
Azonic risers so i've fitted these for now (till i can try a set of wide
flats or lower risers) and i fitted a Panaracer
1.95 Trailblaster rear tyre, also tilted the saddle and moved it back
a bit, bike feels superb now :cool:, also removed the clockwork stickers
from the top tube but definetely going for the early ones now ;) .

Just realised the other day that this is my first rigid steel MTB,
i had a Raleigh Dakota in the early 90's but that was a budget
ride weighing about 47, lb :LOL: the Orange : is a revelation,
feels a lot more quick and responsive to anything i've had before.

Loving it already :D

clockworkoutside.jpg

Really love your biuld- looks like new, well done lots of love has been lavished and you can tell :cool: .

Started out with my clockwork in the real purist vein like clockwork davo's ride (really stunning by the way) but have decided that if you are going to ride the bike you need to set it up to be comfy.

However I would always fit canti's, just looks right ;)

Attachments

• orange (Medium).jpg
    orange (Medium).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,249
Love your clockwork.

Got a frame and forks exactly like yours off ebay before christmas, but since i have just moved not going to able to touch it for a while.
Are the decals original?
With the help of you guys may be able to get a complete set for the future project.

Cheers for the comments ;) , i know what you are saying about the cantis Gazz (your bike look's great ;) ) but this is my first build and i got a bit impatient with it :) , the redundant hanger on the seat stay kind of bugs me a bit, may source cantis and thumbies for it eventually, have to keep the risers though but going for lower 1" Answer ones soon, also my STX CD cranks will go on with red middleburn rings and lighter pedals.

XTSTIMAN, the stickers on my frame are not original, it had the wrong stickers on it when i bought it (it was stickered as a Prestige ?) bought the ones in the first pics of E-bay, but realised these were wrong when i found this site :roll:

Here are the ones on it now, bought last week from Clockwork Davo :)

clockworkstickers.jpg

Managed to clean the FSA logo off my headset too :)

clockworkstickers2.jpg

Those new stickers look just right. Makes a big difference :cool: .

I bought my bike already resprayed by argos and stickered up. Mind you only realised recently that the "clockwork" and "orange" stickers are on the wrong tubes :oops: suppose it makes it a bit unique :roll:

I changed back from v's to canti's on the cheap :D bought suntour canti's from e-bay (for very little money). st. john street cycles (ebay not website) sold them so is worth looking out for if you do make the change.

Love the bike and the flite looks spot on, remember getting a free flite when I bought my orig. clockwork back in 1990 (the power of paying in cash- my entire savings for two months of hell sorting parcels :evil: )

Thought i'd post a pic of a couple of new bits added recently,

Red 135mm Ringle stem to replace the 150mm Syncros, i know that's a lot of headset spacers :) , but these bikes have short head tubes and my back and shoulders just would'nt cope without the stem being raised a bit, also i like to see where i'm going :)

clockworkrear.jpg

Added a Use seat post, this was bought new as i wanted a red post to go with the stem and i did'nt fancy waiting till the year dot till one the right size turned up.

Not sure about the tyres :? , but they are light and grip well, will probably replace them with black walls when they wear out (which should'nt take long commuting 50 odd road miles a week :) )

Next on the shopping list is a red Middleburn outer chainring, wider bars and a set of red bar ends, maybe some red anodised bolts too.

Back