Sunns up north; bikes, parts & projects :]

korbenn":30lna9cw said:
now I know where 998sunn's exact frame has gone ;)

haha :) yes.. still hanging on

rear cable, yeah i'm wondering that too.. not smooth for an inch

more pics of the air

6998301068_a4a8f1a821_b.jpg
7144390915_651f5b606e_b.jpg
7144392891_a2d3f70c2d_b.jpg

far from complete.. embarrassed by the pedals :oops: but them kcnc knife pedals sure aren't easy to track down in green.. i will cut the bar even further, noticed i'm only using half of it even when going downhill.. homemade chain tensioner also needs to be modified.. 29 x 13 felt as a really good drivetrain setup.. I have another rear wheel, with hope ti ss hub, it's 200g easier then current on silent clutch lx hub.. but i'm working on it.. have replaced the axel for an srp ti and will do some more upgrades as well.. sure do like the super silent sounds :D ..shimano mx30 freewheel are quiet but not silent

lazy lazy summer.. managed to make an effort and change some parts though.. even tried racing the revolt.. wooohoo :p

7800963348_9f291603a8_b.jpg

ti flex in some new expensive colors.. but what the heck, frames worth it.. far from complete.. got a purple seat post anyone?? was also thinking black avid ultimates, with some pimp of course, instead of these fragile precisions

7800961920_dd16dc1f6a_b.jpg

7800966862_60310c9937_b.jpg

matching pants.. kattshing :D

take care n enjoy these last days of summer

Lovely Sunns as always, Bio. I'm loving the green one, nice shade of paintwork you got there.

Would this purple seatpost be too modern for your tastes? It's now not in use, has a couple of scratches below the insert line, but further up is good.

P1110567.jpg

Love Exact. You must accumulate a lot of parts to do the two colour thing. Do you do your own wheelbuilding with the two colour hub flanges and nipples?

thanks for the comments :)

Reluctant":2hw24vu8 said:
Would this purple seatpost be too modern for your tastes?]

yes.. i guess.. have looked at them charge seatposts, as they come in purple obviously.. but aren't they availible in 350mm only? need a 400mm

Yes I do all wheelbuilding myself.. these wheels with revolution spokes.. two color project are expensive, ooh yes :p it all started with the purple blue hope ti hubs.. then the blue purple tune ti bb.. rare, but not cheep.. now i just want to complete it, starting to loose patience

peace folks :)

Ah ah ah you always loose patience as all your bikes never stay built more than two months ;)
but we all do, it's a virus !

Nice racing look for the revolt ;)

9303617838_81cc6ffbc6_b.jpg

stupid lazy downhill machine.. haha.. when I rode it today I imagined - this is how a status husband or wife must be to live with - nice package, exclusive, getting a lot of envious looks making you feel better about yourself, but to be honest a boring saggy ride :p .. :facepalm: great great looks though :mrgreen:

9303443506_c6cd0ec37b_z.jpg

9303443486_3d6a66bb6d_z.jpg

9300659773_91c20bb713_z.jpg

Spec
Sunn (Morati) Exact ti flex 98, Large
Obsys carbon fork, 32mm travel
FSA orbit extreme headset
Orange 130mm stem
Titec ti bar with Sunn grips
Syncros seatpost
Sunn cycledelic saddle
(Sunn) Brubz 3 hubs
Dt swiss xr.1 ceramic rims
Dt swiss comp. white spokes
Black alloy nipples
Hutchinson wc python tyres
Race face turbine lp cranks
Ta specialites sunn logo rings
Shimano xt bb with srp bolts
Sachs pc61 chain
Shimano xt 11-30 cassette
Shimano lx front mech
Sram 9.0sl rear mech
Sram 9.0sl 3x8 shifters
Avid 25 brakes
Sram 9.0 carbon brakelevers

peace

Lovely bit of kit that, quick sunn related question. I have a sunn cross un frame on the way a 1999 anyone know what size post they take? I know its not in the same class as this beaut but mine only cost 20 quid :)

Hey.. my other status wife has a 99 cross.. know it's 26.? something.. can check tomorrow.. most 97, 98 and 99 sunns have 27.2mm seat posts though

Latest posts

Back