great north bike ride 26th august 2012

Soz, just seen this thread afyer the event - doh.

Yep, 5th year on the trot. Thank goodness the weather held good either side of horrendous days.

Pics are up on CycleSportPhotos taken at Howick Hall corner. Clocked mine and you can just make out the Retrobike shorts. :oops:

Rhys

:cool: I was easy to spot.... :LOL:

g6_copy_copy.jpg

Ah that's yooooooo!

All my m8's commented on how mental you were doing the ride on fat boy tyres.

My hat goes off to you sir on a fine ride. Kinda puts my Dale with its semi-slicks into the shade.

:LOL:

i done it on my cannondale with slicks last year but wanted to enjoy the day more and also stick to my little group of 4 we had this year.

so i loaned my girlfriend that bike and i took the fatbike!

We had 2 lads who hadn't done the ride before and I think they will do it again next year.

Mucho support through my village of Longhoughton is always something to look forward to and always appreciated. As was the support all along the route.

Cracking shirts this year, ones finally for use on a bike. :D

Did you get the correct size of shirt when you finished? They were almost out of my size, XL, when we got to the end and I think we were just in front of you. Should order more XLs next year looking at some of the riders out there :shock:

my 2 mates are around 20st one got an XXL off another guy but i had to settle for a L......very snug fit :LOL:

Back