80's road bike re-built with pics Finished.

This time last year no chance mate !! I am 6'04" and was 17 stone - 6 stone heavier than when I was racing :oops: :oops:

Have done a few thousand miles on the MTB since and the assos bibs now fit again. :cool:

No chance with the old jerseys though - bit to broad now...

Powell

That thing is looking FAST!

D'ye reckon you could get the front tyre touching the downtube at a downhill T junction?

Gotta watch that kind of thing :shock:

Superb paint job, very classy. A great way to revive your old bike, it's looking a lot better than with the old colour scheme.

DAVE O":jd8z2l3i said:
This time last year no chance mate !! I am 6'04" and was 17 stone - 6 stone heavier than when I was racing :oops: :oops:

Have done a few thousand miles on the MTB since and the assos bibs now fit again. :cool:

No chance with the old jerseys though - bit to broad now...

Well, I'm about 3 stone heavier than my 'racing weight' and I can't get into old jerseys! BUT - I'm determined to do it this year!!

If only to save some money on buying new ones............. :LOL:

Hi,

Haven't done alot to the bike in the last couple of weeks. Although it's just a matter of bolting on the last few remaining bits as I get them.

I used to have these Syncro 2 gear levers fitted when the bike was pink/white - but could never get them to work properly. I stripped them and photographed them before they went on ebay -

DSC01366.jpg

I've replaced them with the friction version.

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

The chain is now back on and the only other thing completed was fitting new replacement frame decals -

DSC01493.jpg

DSC01507.jpg

I've just got some record brake levers on ebay so should be finished soon :D :D

DAVE O said:
I used to fit Michelin Hi-lite road tyres 700x20 - what should I fit now - not many amber walls about and need something that will fit under the Deltas. I've seen some all black Vittoria's in 700x23 - any others??
I have some IRC Paperlite 700x20C amberwalls...not NOS but plenty of life in them for GBP10 if you are interested.

I have some IRC Paperlite 700x20C amberwalls...not NOS but plenty of life in them for GBP10 if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer mate but have my eye on some NOS amber walls at the moment. :)

Well, that's it - done.

Got the brake levers yesterday and fitted them this morning. Used the original white brake outers (cleaned up like new with some petrol!) and wrapped the bars with black bike ribbon.
I've also fitted the original Avocet computer.
All seemed ok with a quick once up and down the road.
I will change the tyres for some amber walls when I get them - but that's it done.
Thanks for looking and your comments. :D :D :D

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

mongoose rx10.9

not sure if i'm posting this in the right place but i have a mongoose rx10.9 sandvik titanium road frame. can anyone give me any info on it at all where and when made? serial #BR58119. any info would be excellent.
kind regards

Back