Pesenti Fly

Hi, First time on this forum. Found it because I typed Pesenti fly in to Google.
249XUU says, as far as he is aware, it is the only one in the country.
Would you like two more CTK ?
Umpteen years ago my cycling buddy and I wanted to build the lightest road bike we could, so went for a Pesenti Fly frame with Mizuno forks each, mine in red, buddy's in same colour as yours, bought from a bike shop in essex (owner was an ex Dutch team rider I believe)

Built mine up with Campag Record 9 speed (no 10 in those days) group, they had just bought out carbon fibre levers and made the axle on the rear mech from Titanium, to save weight. Originaly I used Ambrosio Excellence "Light Alloy Team Edition" wheels on Record hubs (liked the red as it matched frame) but then changed them for Campag Nucleons and kept the Ambrosio's as spares. Saddle and bar stem were W. R. Compositi carbon but bar stem failed, so swapped for ITM, which I re sprayed to match frame.
Replaced all nuts and bolts with Ali or Titanium plus Ali and Titanium Q R's from PMP
Result was a 17 1/2 lb (on a 57cm c to c frame) whizzer.
I'm sure you enjoy riding your bike. I used to take mine out for an airing now and again after I spent a small fortune on a Cassati with all the trimmings as my "main" bike.
I hate to admit it after spending all that money but the Fly is a better bike.

But, now, after major back surgery, a hernia and op for torn cartilage in my knee (can I hear a violin?), I need to "consolidate" my bikes (3 road and 2 Mountain) Is my Pesenti a saleable item? is there a market for these old classics? Where's the best place to advertise, flea bay or are there dedicated sites?
I also have an ATB built on a Marin Team Titanium frame. The frame was hand made as one of a few, to do the rounds of dealers in the UK to drum up some interest. The last dealer to get hold of one sold it to me. As it was a pre production model it has no serial no.
I still have the receipt, Frame only £1195.00 in 1994 !! Those were the days !!

Attachments

• DSC00508.JPG
    DSC00508.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 1,093
  • DSC00512.JPG
    DSC00512.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,093
That is beautiful!
I love my Pesenti too.
To get the most money from the sale your best bet is to take the bikes apart and sell parts individually.

I had one of these too - same colour as yours in full Dura Ace build, it was a 54 so smaller than yours -superb bike but now long gone!

My Pesenti is now a SS with a magic gear for commuting. Has some mudguards on too :oops: not what the bike was intended for but its the only time I ride at all at the mo so it may as well be on my favourite bike! A completely non glamourous build. It has a set of Shimano 600 hubs on Open Sport rims built by Langdales- great wheels, and the 105 brakes are much better than the Chorus ones.

I have a spare Pesenti frame which'll probably get the Campag on.

IMG_0434.jpg

Or if you'll have the chorus gruppo for sale, I'll be in the queue waiting :)

I luw the colour of the frame. Reminds me of my soothing bedroom at home :)

Re:

I've given the singlespeed Pesenti to my brother (save in the knowledge that he'll never ride it :LOL: )

Back