24er project DMR Rhythm 2020 NOS rebuild P3

I'm no dirt jumper, but enjoy mucking about in the local woods on my Lopes 4x...I probably look a bit silly on it because it is very small, but damn good fun on the shorter DH runs and smaller jumps. Although its a bit of a shock to the system riding a hardtail again.

You're never too old or too tall for a silly bike.

Sounds good mindmap, that was my thinking, I took the last up the peaks and to dalby, and with stiff as hell 20mm axle rigid forks, it tracked like a beast. Totally the wrong environment for it but really enjoyed the peaks downhills, it Shold have sucked i ran out of steam at dalby, but no chain bounce and it went were ya pointed it loads of room to move about, just fully rigid!

Why not grab a nice Last? they are easy to find half price Or cheaper ... Needs 80-100mm travel forks though.

Mindmap3":1el3zw9d said:
You're never too old or too tall for a silly bike.

Well said! :D

I think my other half would go ape if I started another project...also its probably too similar
to my Lopes which I really like. It's the only bike that I've ridden this weekend. The only thing I'd change it for is an Intense Tazer as I've always wanted one.

Riding a single speed, rigid DJ type bike round Dalby must have been pretty tough.

I'm back with the final build 2.0 pics!
Hope you like. I'm really happy with it so far, The tyres have totally changed the ride, the new 34t - 16t gearing feels light and playful too. pondering whether to take it away for a few days...

P9044547.jpg

:D
P9044573.jpg

Seatpost intentionally sittable.
P9044545.jpg

34 16 first impressions are good and almost makes me look hip and nu skool with small gears! :p :LOL:
P9044553.jpg

Eclat masterpiece stem and cruiser style wing bars get the little bike fitted nicely
P9044552.jpg

Close up of paint, mix of metallic and satin.
P9044540.jpg

Loving these, the Front is a 2.4 and is fully scaled up fat tyre!
P9044568.jpg

Trailblade20's stiffest forks ever!
P9044551.jpg

P9044570.jpg

Side by side the paralel build IOFix
P9044582.jpg

P9044585.jpg

and wheel size variety :cool: :LOL:

Hope you like.

Future?
And if the young lad sends it I have a more recent Rhythm frame coming...
and considering 2 brakes! ...

Nice work.

There's one local to me for £35 (frame only) on ebay. Asked the seller a question and he has put the opening price to £45! Hilarious really.

Sorry for that random diversion. :oops:

That looks properly smart.

The DIY paint job looks pretty good and I like the contrast between shiny and satin.

Re: Project 24 - Vers 2.0 complete. 2006ish DMR Rhythm

Bit of an update on this. I liked it quite a bit and wondered if it was worth getting a more recent one and powdercoating it properly, one thing lead to another and I struck a deal on a DIY'd paint job one as a 'spare' :roll: :LOL:

Then a deal i'd discounted in the past as being a bit pricey got better priced so I jumped in at it! very bad timing as I'd just bought a new BMX frame I should't have so this was really silly, I had it in my head and got it, a new 'spare' frame! :roll: :roll: :LOL:

It was getting silly, this was my 4th Rhythm frame and even with the Green one gone I still had 4 24er frames!
As cycling season came in A happy buyer took the red one.

last year I'd planned to get the white and red one, but decided on forest/black in the end, funny how your ideas change, this is more subtle and better wearing too, personally i'd like more black than forest but it's smart isnt it, nicer in the flesh.
IMAG0701.jpg

:cool:
IMAG0703.jpg

IMAG0705.jpg

better catalogue pic here:
dmr-rhythm-24-zoll-dirt-rahmen-green.jpg

What you reckon to the new 'spare'?!
I like but is less stealth, I've gotten used to the satin matt black and It takes an integrated headset which i'm dubious about and dont have one but IS brand new! even came with chain tensioners and stuff. :cool:
Build it?

P4265737.jpg

trail dust!
In other news I've been playing on my local twisty man made tight trails near by, and I've loved this, technically its small, but feels so plyable under me as my worn out Vans Rowleys sticking to the old Gusset pedals great, the bars felt uncomfortable at first till I really started working it, but now it feels great 50mm 7000 series stem and rigid 700mm cromo bars, loving this bike especially on them trails. It's not a distance bike but a fun blaster very addictive to play on, feels so great. Question is will I like the Trailstar more...
A few mods along with a good deal on an SDG saddle, and a new seatpost though it's not micro adjust which is a tad frustrating, as such not its up high but still miles from my butt on the trails! :D
I've also now put a front brake on for the riding it's getting. debating finding some more coloured cable outer for the front..? and maybe two black levers...
P4265736.jpg

Overall It's great, I'm glad I gave 24" wheels another shot it's the best of both worlds BMX/MTB this Rhythm. and the wheels are loads better than they ever were on the Dr Jekyll. :| :cool:
Also if you squint it is a bit like the modern 24" Inspired Trials bikes like Danny Macs which is making me wonder if it would work for trails... maybe it would...

Re:

Just read through this, you've inspired me to build up my Rhythm frame which has been languishing at the back of the bike store.
Thinking of buying a pair of the tabletop tyres you mention as I remember the Tioga Comp x's on it were awful.
Whats the difference between the various years of manufacture? Mine has an US (aka BMX) BB and APS V brake mounts rather than welded on ones.
May post up a couple of pictures once I get started, not sure there would be enough interest to start my own thread!

Back