Help identifying a frame

frame

Have you had the fork out to see if there is a matching number on the steerer. My Woodrup has both matching steerer and frame numbers as did a lot of custom built framesets
Regards
Peter

Re: Jensen

keithglos":1rnvg77j said:
Jensen had numbers under the bottom bracket, first 2 denote the year.
I probably sold about 100 of them from 1959 to 1965.
Were the frame numbers always under the bottom bracket as i have a frame which looks similar to a Jensen, frame No. 61388. stamped on the left side rear track drop out?

I am going out on a limb here and suggesting that this frame Is a 1961 "Jensen" Professional track frame, the frame No. "61388" and lugs(Nervex Profesional) tell me that it could be. Im not sure whether the frame No. is in the right position on the rear left drop out.
Can anyone confirm this?
Or point me in the right direction.
thanks
20140511_165211.jpg

20140511_165223.jpg

20140511_215931.jpg

All the Jensen frames I sold had the frame number under the bottom bracket.

Hundreds of builders used Nervex Pro, but you have unusual ends there.

Keith.

Just to add;
a couple of Jensen frame No.s
No. 61310 "Classic lightweights"
No. 61388 "mine"
No. 61433 "classic lightweights"
Maybe to close to be a coincidence. also the rear brake bridge has a gentle curve.

Re:

Stan Etherden generally used flat plate track ends, and top stays eyes either a full wrapover, or normally brazed about half way up the seat lug.
This is a general purpose fixed wheel frame from probably early 1960s, but somehow the track ends look later.

Keith

Re:

ringo":7b15lq25 said:
Will go and scrape some more as well... I've done under the BB shell and there is a number (four digits) but even with the paint gone it is illegible...

I'll have a poke round the headtube and maybe rear dropouts...

As Woodrup's frame builder....I'd say it is a Woodrup [before my time there, Bob Jackson's previously] but as others have pointed out it is of a similar style to many others.

If you want new transfers etc get in touch.

Cheers

Kevin

Latest posts

Back