Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
P1160552.jpg

Size is:

59cm x 56cm (ct x cc)
OLN = 120mm

Selling this unknown resprayed frame for a friend. Looking at the lugs I think it maybe an Aende, the detail is superb with all the drilling.

The frame has been amateurly resprayed this lovely green colour. It looks great but there are a couple of runs behind the seat clamp and on the non driveside seat stay and there is a slight scuff to the drive side seat stay by the brake bridge.

Not sure on the tubing (I'll measure the seatpost size later). It has Campagnolo ends and did I mention those lugs?

Would make an excellent classic looking fixie or a superb geared racer.

He's looking for offers circa £175

More pictures here:
http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... mes/Aende/

P1160553.jpg

P1160554.jpg

P1160555.jpg

P1160556.jpg

P1160560.jpg

P1160561.jpg

P1160562.jpg

I have just noticed how lovely the lugs are how come you failed to mention them :?: ;) :LOL: and I hate to be a killjoy but like Nelson I see no price ;)

I failed to mention the lugs! How could I??? Yeah they're lovely, very Aende'y.

Price added.

Speaking with my friend he is quite confident that the frame is a Cinelli...

1972CinelliLugs+Closeup.jpg

This picture would confirm that it is certainly similar if it is not indeed a Cinelli.

Hmm? Perhaps its a Cinende :D

I'll check the bb thread that will detemine whether it is likely to be an Italian build or other.

I've also got to check the seatpost dia.

English thread.

27.0mm seatpost which from my experience is either 501 or Columbus (SL), this is defo not 501 so I'll go with the Columbus.

Total weight of frame and fork is 2.6kg. Which is pretty light, especially for such a large frame.

Not an Aende

I'd say it's not an Aende, from the point of view of the seat cluster. My own 1985 one and every other one I've seen have shot-in rear stays, rather than wrapped over. I distinctly recall Pongo commenting on the stays when I ordered mine and it seeemd to be his trademark feature.

Bit of a conundrum really.......it's drilled out as a TT bike but has long Campag dropouts which should really be vertical dropouts for the era.

The Carlton Flyer style rear seat cluster would usually have been a fastback, the brake bridge at the rear was usually directly brazed to save weight and the reinforcing stay behind the bottom bracket was often missing..and the underneath of the BB chopped up..

Ken bird and the like were playing the drilling out of the lugs game at the time as were people like Tom Avon / Shorter.

Tempted to wait until the paycheck goes in at the end of the week and buy it LOL

Shaun

Back