new york trip, advice from the locals please!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hey guys,

possibility of a trip to New York in late september or early october, only for a week but i was wondering if it's worth bringing a bike (of course! i hear you say) basically a friend has just moved there, and invited a couple of us over for a week on the lash but i'm not a big drinker so i was thinking of bringing a bike and finding somewhere to ride for 2 or 3 days.

so, is the weather still ok at this time of year? where would good riding spots be near New Jersey (that's where he works so i assume he lives quite local) and would anyone be up for coming out on a ride?

:D

If you've not been to NYC before, and you're only going for a week, I can't understand why you'd want to leave rather than see the city properly but if you must dissapear for a few days riding, head to the Poconos. Base yourself round Scranton somewhere and go explore.

If you do go on the lash, do pop in and see my friend Martin at his bar called Drop In Service (its an old launderette) in the east village..

i have been before, but only for a weekend, not done the touristy things as such but i'm thinking of riding 3 out of 7 days so i'll still have time to do some of that.

i'll check out those places

:)

If you do go on the lash, do pop in and see my friend Martin at his bar called Drop In Service (its an old launderette) in the east village..

rosstheboss":349qzv5c said:
X2

Is rosstheboss a spambot? I know, I will ask him a trick question. How's your bum?

We're back from our vacations tour in the US covering Boston, Chicago, Washington DC and NY. We stayed for 4 o 5 days in NY. We decided that museums were our last option, as we like to walk around and feel the city.
Just some tips.
If you're no interested in going to the statue of liberty, catch the Staten island ferry (its free) and you can snap some nice pictures of Manhattan and statue.
We did the Brooklyn Bridge and back, the High Line (and old elevated train turned into a garden), Central Park and the main avenues.. subway is also good to cover long distances.
The tap water in Manhattan is great, so you can refill the bottles before you go out!
If you're around Times Square there's a hidden Deli called Danny's Gourmet Deli (224 W 47th St), which is cheap and good (Elmo, Hello Kitty and others eat there everyday lol) and not a tourist trap as most of the restaurants around.

There's lots more but im sure others will help also.

The harris is fine thank you very much Reki! It's my bloody phone that keeps sending everything twice....!

Back