Alternative to Ribble Audax?

had a similar experience with sks mudguards ... I found one after my rage!! :LOL:

The Alan was collected today , Shame really :cry:

I will no doubt be heading for the Ribble when (if) I get my new plastic toy and the weather turns.

Russell said:
Anyway, if the sale of your Alan falls through, let me know... I wish I'd seen that one a bit quicker! :)

If it is an Alan you fancy, I have a 57cm square Carbonio cross bike. Fitted will full guards, m735, bar end shifters, m732 & mavic wheels and mafac brakes I'll be looking to move on shortly. Real comfy machine with 700C x 35 tyres.

I agree a winter bike needs proper mudguard mounts. Which is why I ride a triator Exile well I will again after I take it the powder coaters. riding the Alan summer bike at the moment but that will be tucked for the autumn/winter/spring before too long.

Surosa advertise a similar bike also Pearsons (I think) do one. Lots of them to choose from if you search far enough. I use a Pinnacle (Evans own brand) cross-bike with P-Clips for the stay/frame clamping. Plenty of clearance for 'guards and wider tyres, canti brakes that work in the wet - and cable routing that gets the cables out of the under BB cr*p.

Ned... the Surosa Toledo? That's coming second to the Ribble at the moment purely because its a few quid more and doesn't come with mudguards.

As you say, so much choice when you start looking.

Should probably just stick with what I know and get the Ribble!

Latest posts

Back