Alternative to Ribble Audax?

Russell

Old School Grand Master
Constant rain, rubbish roads, tired of flogging my 'best' (read 'only') road bike in these conditions.

Think it might be time for a new Ribble Audax for the less than favourable conditions that seem to prevail year round, but wondered if there were any similarly priced and suitably proficient alternatives?

Anyone got experience of the Ribble or similar?

Not really heard a bad word against them personally :)

Any bike designed in the (D)Ribble valley sounds ideal for your intended use!

The Tifosi CK7 is a simailar bike to the ribble, mudguard equipped, clearance for 28c tyres, rack mounts e.t.c . Distributed to by chiockens cycles so you have guessed it one of the specs is campag. Good bike though.

Similar price to the ribble if the ribble is built to a similar spec. Tifosi dealers will spec them how you like.

Nowt wrong with the ribble though.

Couple of good suggestions there. I can't get over the fact that the Ribble is so cheap.

There are some great deals around at the moment if you shop about... Charge Filter Mid (Tange Prestige frame) on Wiggle for £600, bargain.

Russell":3kgcfzx8 said:
:LOL:

I'm going to assume that clearances for mudguards might be a bit tight? :)

I got some cracking seat post mounted crud catchers!! :LOL: :LOL:

This is kind of going off topic but its my thread so who cares.

One of the reasons I want a 'proper' winter bike is because I got some of those crud catcher things (the chainstay mounted ones) and have had nothing but bother with them.

From trying to squeeze them onto a frame that was clearly designed without mudguard clearance in mind to having those little brush things constantly rubbing on the rims, I've hated them. I dislike them so much that I'd rather buy a complete new bike to ride when the weather turns than persevere with them on my current one. So, in summary, I'd rather have used a bloody seatpost mounted guard.

In fact, if anyone wants a set, they can have mine for the cost of postage, if I can find them. Last time I saw them they were flying towards the far corner of the garage after I ripped them off in a rage.

Anyway, if the sale of your Alan falls through, let me know... I wish I'd seen that one a bit quicker! :)

Sure I came a cross a Moda Audax / winter type bike, I'll have a scout around the web later but they seem to be quite well spec'd kit for the money :)

Shaun

Back