Silverfish 1992 Yeti ARC

Silverfish":2wl38z2k said:
Sorry, brain fart :oops:

You can tell I've been away from the ARC build for a while. The Bullseye hub is a 32h - whereas the only 231CD rim I have is a 36h. Doh!

So it'll have to be the Ringle hub. Will get the wheel built and see if I can progress this build now...

More pics , please !this bike has me excited :shock: :shock: :D

Just seeing this for the first time.

How did you find this is such good condition?

Where did you get those decals?

Good job!

Decided against building the front wheel with the faded Rngle hub so just waiting for it to get re-anodised.

Most of the rest is ready to go. Apart from rebuilding the Manitou forks. Trimming the steerer tube. And anodising the pedal cages. and sourcing the correct front mech. And anodising the Yeti ferrules. And anodising the Moonhead shifter perches. and making a shim so the perches actually fit the handlebar. And anodising the BB cups.

Shit. I need to pull my finger out my ass, I need it ready for a show in January :shock:

Frame arrived with decals, they are originals. It is truly an ARC that had a very easy life, and probably spent most of the last twenty years hung up in a garage.

I've made the schoolboy error of trying to source parts for about four different builds at the same time, which is why I think I've not done much with them, got a bit disheartened with the seemingly never ending expense :(

From what I understand, is almost complete.
small always look details are delaying the project but I sincerely believe worthwhile .... termination may be very different without the details.

I think the problem is not the parts of different years. parts simply are not any, is not a bike any, is not any assembly.

You got it F.R.O. these parts are getting more and more difficult to find.

I looked for the Ringle 26.8 post in 3DV for a long time. In the end I was very lucky and took a gamble that paid off. Otherwise I'd still be looking. Haven't seen one of these come up for sale in a long time!

Back