1992 Chas Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.X Finished At Last

Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.X

Thanks guys its very much appreciated.

Theres a couple of more things to do it still.

I had to buy a very non retro Scram chain yesterday and ive a front mech coming from Benbonty im assuming from his beautiful Bontrager he sold.

And a big thanks goes to Rasin'snake for the frame pulley for the mech which im quite looking forward to fitting.....Sad isn't it.

Nothing wrong with SRAM chains, I've got them on a couple of my bikes.

Anyway, better to wear out a modern chain, than a rare NOS Shimano ;)

player":35dg6wtd said:
It cost £280 which is alot of money really and their was a gap of about a couple of months from getting the bike to then getting in a car to Argos just to save some dosh.I know you could go to a local powder coat company but wanted a proper job done and decals really.

I must admit i spent some time on deciding either to send it back to Chas Roberts or do a 45 minute drive to Argos and considering some of the negative feedback Argos has had on here i was abit unsure.

What i really wanted to do was take it in by hand and acually speek to someone rather than put it in a box and ship it to London (i didnt fancy the drive).Roberts wanted the same money but the shipping there and back was another £50 or so.

I couldnt keep my smile off my face when i saw the frame painted like new and now i feel the price was well worth the money and the guys at Argos are top notch.

As an alternative in future, Bob Jacksons at Leeds would be around half that price, for as good if not better job of Enamelling it, in any colour/combo you want. They did all the recent Orange Clockwork re issues and do some stunning two tone flip flop enamels for not much more.
They don't blast the frame either, but strip by hand with scrapers and paint solvents.
They can also repair/modify/attach braze ons at the same time for little money.
turnaround is a fair bit quicker too, depnding upon the time of year. ;)

daj":1t0b6jtm said:
Mine is up for sale shortly!! :shock:

Nothing wrong with a shameless plug eh :LOL:

How comes your selling mate. I remember talking to you @ mayhem and you said you were unsure on riding the Pace or the DB.I saw you in the end riding the RC100.

At least i think it was the Pace under all that shit :LOL:

Wold Ranger":t2oof8sx said:
As an alternative in future, Bob Jacksons at Leeds would be around half that price,

The previous owner of my White Spider had it refinished at Jacksons. The paint itself is excellent and seems very robust too, but something I'm not too impressed with is that no one thought to remove the front mech pulley. So there it sits, rock solid under several coats of primer, paint and lacquer.

I just missed out on this but you have done a amazing job.

I love the effort you have put into this player!.

Lets see some ride pics next :)

Back