Bicycle based contraptions

xerxes

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I came across this while aimlessly browsing the web:

plowing1.jpg

At first I thought it was a tricycle, but if you look, it's actually two bikes and it has a steering wheel. :shock:

There's some more stuff here: http://www.bikehacks.com/bikehacks/green-power/page/2/

Anyone else come across some daft or ingenious bicycle based contraptions?

Love the expression on that guys face, as if to say:

Attachments

• Camper-Bike.jpg
    Camper-Bike.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,217
I made this somewhat efficient pencil sharpener, it's on another thread here:

pedal_sharpener_143.jpg

Fed up with how long traditional pencil sharpeners take to sharpen your pencils? Sharpens even the most stubbornly blunt pencils quicker than a very, very quick thing.

I made a series of pedal powered art works a few years ago including foolishness like this and a pedal powered meat mincer. The best was a pedal powered generator powering an array of 150 LEDs that projected an audience interactice projected installation. This is the only piece that survives although I still have the bits for the LED work, just no frame to nail it all to.

I've kept this because it is silly and does work rather well.

Frame: 1960s Triumph
Fork: Bent
Front tyre: Flat
Chainset: Raleigh cottered with a 1/8" chainring attacked with an angle grinder to enable it to be used with scrap 3/32"chains.
Bars: Bit of steel pipe from the scrap metal bin.
Sprocket: Off a 5 speed freewheel again attacked with an angle grinder, bodged on to a bit of steel plate, then welded onto the end of a desk(now handlebar)mounted pencil sharpener.

Handle bar mounting alows for easy chain tension adjustment, just rotate bars forward/back to get correct tension. No need for faffing with tensioners or the push up/down debate.

Back