Lance Armstrong again....

does it matter ?

armstrong will always be a hero , with all that he has achieved
its a bit shit that he's been hunted and villified like this

JamesM":1nvelkgf said:
matthew71":1nvelkgf said:
JamesM":1nvelkgf said:
They should have two classes, 'Clean' and 'Doped'. Doped riders set off 1 hour after the Clean riders and it's still the first rider to the fnish line that wins. Not necessarily a great example for the kids, but it would be pretty cool :LOL:

That will hardly work,what will stop the clean riders from taking drugs?

Morals :LOL:

In a perfect world morals would work,but humans are not like that,the hunger for fame or cash take over

matthew71":3t89im1q said:
JamesM":3t89im1q said:
matthew71":3t89im1q said:
JamesM":3t89im1q said:
They should have two classes, 'Clean' and 'Doped'. Doped riders set off 1 hour after the Clean riders and it's still the first rider to the fnish line that wins. Not necessarily a great example for the kids, but it would be pretty cool :LOL:

That will hardly work,what will stop the clean riders from taking drugs?

Morals :LOL:

In a perfect world morals would work,but humans are not like that,the hunger for fame or cash take over

I was joking!!!

mikee":wquqh6vc said:
does it matter ?

armstrong will always be a hero , with all that he has achieved
its a bit shit that he's been hunted and villified like this

So for all the time and effort expended on this by USADA, they are denied the opportunity to actually prove anything?
They could always present their "evidence" out of court, but I guess they never will...
Ooh! They must be furious!

suburbanreuben":3upkymb7 said:
So for all the time and effort expended on this by USADA, they are denied the opportunity to actually prove anything?
They could always present their "evidence" out of court, but I guess they never will...Ooh! They must be furious!

In this day of electronic tracking and leaks from departments to aid what they want to acieve I feel if they had anything then they would have leaked it by now just to get at him

They haven't done so and I feel it's because most of what they have is supposition and mud throwing.

When we do get gifted athletes in their field it seems as governing bodies hate it when the athlete appears to become bigger than the sport

Nothing in what they have shown given how many times he has passed these test will change my opinion of Lance.

To me he was and still can be a supreme athlete way above others and a great charity provider.

Lance was using doping products , there is no doubt about it .

his 1999 tour B samples were positive for EPO .
a lot of former team mates have testified agaisnt him .
all the guy who finished behind have been found guilty .

I am really surrised that people still believe he was clean .

he was and still is an exceptional athlete and probabl would have won the same if he was clean and everyone else was , but it wasnt the case .

he is only giving up as he knows he cant win .

I just want to be clear on that

do you mean the people who said they used drugs and lance used drugs for a lighter sentence/consequence for themselves?

errh yes .

and he worked with Dr ferrari who as been found guilty of multiple doping offences .

he has enough money to fight those accusations , but knows he cant win .

He is/was a great athlete. He does a hell of a lot for cancer charities.

But it is looking increasingly clear that he was a drug cheat. He fought long and hard against his cancer so is it likely that he would just give up in a situation like this, unless he knew the evidence was damning.

Such a shame that his reputation is damaged forever.

I can see why Lance has played his hand this way, by withdrawing from the process he effectively 'calls' USADA's bluff and thereby rather than having to prove his innocence it rests entirely on USADA to prove his guilt. To have any hope of a credible finding against Armstrong USADA are now going to have to go public in great detail with their case, otherwise they simply look like the witch hunting 'discredit at all costs' organisation that Armstrong portrays them to be. This is far from over I suggest.

Back