How p*ssed off would you be if Colourtech.....

02gf74":2mvl9sbc said:
don't understand why you didn't do this yourself. :?:

it should be prettey straight forward job to grind the head of the bolt down - it needn't be ground fully off so no risk of grinding the tube - as long as it can be thin enough to deform when punching it through into the tube. :!:

as for rattling inside, grind open the bottom bracket tube vent hole so it is large enough for the debris to drop through - the large hole would not weaken the frame at all.
How I wish I had. I did try drilling the bolts out initially but this didn't work as with limited tools I couldn't prevent the bolts spinning whilst drilling. After taking it to the bike shop, and for a fee that was, at the time less than the cost of buying a grinder, I thought why not, let the pros at it, especially as they were sympathetic to the fact I didn't want bits rattling around in the frame, and that the people they used were great at what they did.

I'm not repeating the thread. Again, but suffice to say what I was told would happen and what did were poles apart, and problems ensued.

Thankfully enigma did a great job of rectifying the abortion created by colourtech, so I'm happy, the build is complete and it's a lovely ride.

Knowing what I know now, I'd certainly tackle a job like this myself in future, or send it to enigma. If I wanted cavity wall insulation, I'd go to colourtech.

poweredbypies":3bcbpobp said:
Was it expanding foam in the tube then?
I believe it was. First time I got the frame back, attempts at glueing the rattly bits had clearly failed, so it would seem that the next attempt made to hide the fact that a lump of steel (or two) were in the down tube was expanding foam. The give away was a) the metal bits still rattled around because of b) the expanding foam slid up and down the down tube.

poweredbypies":2n5nm9up said:
Glad you got it all sorted in the end.
Me too, though a simple £25 job ended up costing well over £100. It wouldn't have been so bad had the attitude of the botchers been anything other than 'so' and 'what do you expect me to do about it' and on suggesting carry out the repair properly, hanging up.

Anyway, saga is over and frame is back to its best.

Pretty crappy service - I detest paying a "professional" to do a job that ends up half assed, have had this happened many times, I even had a car painter (that sprayed my vintage black interior) tell me I was hard to please, I'm not, I just expect a job to be done right if i'm paying for it.

Glad you got it sorted, personally I dont think you should have a had to pay any extra at all,

One thing i've learnt from past issues is not to pay the bill untill you're 100% happy with it, that way they have something to loose if they botch it

but hindsight is allways 20/20 ay

I agree with you and didn't want to pay any additional amount, believe me. I just wanted the frame back. The mad thing is that the additional costs related to couriering/postage of the frame back and forth to fix the problems. Go figure. The bike shop involved weren't the greatest either tbh, I had to do a lot of the work they should have been doing, but that's another story.

arrrr man that's frustrating...

I bet they sit down over a beer at the end of each week and go "I dont understand why our buisness is not doing so well"

they are the same type that blame "the internet" for their loss of profit - forgetting that if they looked after their customers in the first place with good service and comparative pricing then those cistomers would never have gone elswhere

1st rule of sales....keep the customers you have happy - because if they leave its a lot harder to get new ones

Any small firms that relies on small communities need to be 110% because repeat and word of mouth keeps them often in business

I'd love to see colourtechs point of view and how they see this as acceptable

My father in law used to be the manager of a small quarry before he retired.

A sign on the wall behind is desk read "Customers make pay days possible".

Back