things have progressed bike lights

THWANG-666

Senior Retro Guru
hi chaps
just finishing off a couple of lights (building up) and was thinking back about my first diy lights mk1s
twinbattery.jpg

mk2s
2.jpg

mk3s
CIMG2651.jpg

Picture485.jpg

mk4s
body1.jpg

all polished now on to the mk 5s

anoblue2-1.jpg

j1.jpg

d2.jpg

mk5s are fully upgradable from 400 lumens xr-es to triple xp-gs or xmls
regards thwang

Sweeeeeet looking lights.

Now i cant remember, but, because you can or a cost saving exercise?

Nice stuff. When I think back to the dangerous crap I used to commute with in the 80s I wonder how I am still alive. Never Ready in particular were horrendous.

very nice. I don't have the toooling to make anything as spectacular but is the heatsinking necessary? I ask as I made my own lights from copper tube soldered together - I am using seoul p4 emitter driven at 5 W and the tube gets slihlty warm. I've used them for over 2 (or maybe 3) winters with nothing going wring with them so my heatsinking appears to be adequate.

Must get round to making my mk2 version using more up to date LEDs.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
blinkin flip .... checked the spec. of my lamps and they are 100 lm, which i thought were pretty bright when used as a pair.

it is hardly worth my while in making new ones if i can get 1800 lm :shock: for £ 21 :eek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XM-L-XML ... 2a21ff4128

oh, ... and i just bought one. :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The chinese cree lights are very bright but are not 1800lumens, more like 900. Reliability is questionable. Get two, that way you have a proper 1800 lumens and the odds of both failing at the same time is very low, so you won't be plunged into darkness mid descent.

Back