what happened to great britain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it would be pretty boring if everyone had the same opinion as me.

i don't blame lazy spongers or immigrants.

it's the people who run this country who have created this situation.

our government has dug a hole so deep, they cant get out of it.

if you read my first post i don't have a problem with hard working immigrants, they are adding to the economy.
i just don't agree with people coming here and getting a free ride.

if you had a stranger knock on your door asking to stay indefinitely at your house, and ask if you pay for their food, clothing, heating, healthcare. would you be happy to do it.
and even pay for their funeral.

i never expected anyone to agree with me on this.

i respect everyones opinion, please respect mine, even if you don't agree with it. jeff.

videojetman":3dtsnx4u said:
well it would be pretty boring if everyone had the same opinion as me.

i don't blame lazy spongers or immigrants.

it's the people who run this country who have created this situation..........

we as a population only have ourselves to blame as we collectively elected them.

The monetary situation is that as a nation we have been living beyond our means for decades and have squandered long term assets into short term benefits (oil to lower tax etc) - Tories; and taken long term loans (national debt) to fund short term benefits (nhs expansion etc) - Labour, simplistic I know but you get the idea and we elected one or other of them because usually better for us as individuals. The simple situation is that if you want schools, nhs, benefits at the level that a lot of people do then you need high taxes to pay for it like in other countries that do this. If you live beyond your means as an individual or as a nation then eventually you go bust ! People's ability to milk the system is entirely dependent on the mindset of individuals and how generous the rest of us are.

daugs":3ioamzxi said:
The simple situation is that if you want schools, nhs, benefits at the level that a lot of people do then you need high taxes to pay for it like in other countries that do this.

Feel free to use Canada as an example. Hop on a plane, flush your papers down the loo mid flight, and claim refugee status/asylum when you land. Free housing, dental, eye care, and money to live on till your immigration hearing comes up in 2 or 4 years. Get denied? Appeal (we have Somali warlords responsible for mass murders asking for asylum claiming they'll be persecuted in their homeland at the moment). Several times. I often joke with my friends that if I ever need major dental work that my bare bones dental plan (that I co-pay for through WORK) doesn't cover, I'm going to launch a canoe from the shore of Mississauga, toss my paperwork overboard, paddle into the customs dock in Toronto, and in my best Borat accent claim refugee status so I can get my teeth fixed for free. Yes, I'm joking, but it's sad that it's come to that.

FMJ":f2apf08k said:
Feel free to use Canada as an example. Hop on a plane, flush your papers down the loo mid flight, and claim refugee status/asylum when you land. Free housing, dental, eye care, and money to live on till your immigration hearing comes up in 2 or 4 years. Get denied? Appeal. Several times.

I'm actually quite tempted by this :LOL: . Do you think they would buy me a Dekerf too??? ;)

highlandsflyer":2m2hhvc9 said:
It is the usual bollocks blaming the immigrants when the shit hits the fan.

I can't wait for Scotland to get full independence so we can start havering equally racist shite about the racists who have moved north to get away from 'all the foreigners', and who feel free to spout their devil's froth over the checkout at Sainsbury.

Feck them all.

Why in earth would you move to Scotland to get away from people who talk funny? It's defeating the object surely ?

'We' punch well above our weight in the world economically, politically, in the sporting world, the theatre and the arts and all manner of other arenas.

If you genuinely think we're not 'Great' anymore because of a few immigration or benefit issues, you've lost sight of the bigger picture.

FJM...........such vitriolic comments about immigrants.........more of those double standards comming to light ;)....not very PC

if you had a stranger knock on your door asking to stay indefinitely at your house, and ask if you pay for their food, clothing, heating, healthcare. would you be happy to do it.
and even pay for their funeral.
i used to get strangers knocking on my door now and again asking for food, they never went away empty handed. the only people who asked to stay were from canada ;) and they were always welcome. but that wasent in the uk, it was in a country that has no real form of state handouts but people still get by through the help of others.
try living abroad, it might chance your mind on a few things.

In a microcosmic way the homeless charity i volunteer for is at breaking point.....cos news spreads fast that they offer good services and good food.......it attracts more and more people each year from futher than you would think, they don't just all pass by it quite planned by some........then it gets full...then the night shelters over fill.......then there's more actual ''on the street homeless'' as a result in the area, then more drug/alcohol use to mask the misery of your circumstances........the council struggles to find homes.....it takes longer and longer to re-settle people....etc etc....

Personally i think food and shelter are what's most important to all.

Benefits should cover good housing and good food inc toothpaste etc and that's it...a realistic amount to sustain you and no more.

Sadly some get too many benefits......... while other have to use quite a bit of their dole money to top up the rent the council wont pay ....and have to eat less cos of that.......if their lucky enough to have a home that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back