What would you expect to pay..........

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
for fitting all new cables fitting brack blocks and fitting new bar tape on a road bike..............all parts supplied.......so just labour

id pay up too £25 an hour plus vat no more as that is the average labour charge for most area's of the country plus if id provided the parts id expect to get no discount unless the shop was a very regular haunt and labour of about 1.5hr's poss too if they lolly gaggle but i do my own so i dont pay :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

greenstiles":1917r8do said:
for fitting all new cables fitting brack blocks and fitting new bar tape on a road bike..............all parts supplied.......so just labour
Nothing.

I'd do it myself.

I'm an ex mechanic, and a chap asked me to do this for him.......i've asked for a tenner......as he insisted on paying me this time...as last time i fiddled with his bike and didn't charge........i just don't know what things cost these days

greenstiles":18y1qx7k said:
I'm an ex mechanic, and a chap asked me to do this for him.......i've asked for a tenner......as he insisted on paying me this time...as last time i fiddled with his bike and didn't charge........i just don't know what things cost these days
Seems a perfectly reasonable sum to ask for the job. Shops may charge more (and probably do) but then there's more expectations in terms of them being accountable.

If that includes fiddling with gears and brakes after fitting cables (of course it does), then in some shops £30 or so. If done by per item type thing rather than by time taken.
Your pal is very lucky to get it for that price.

Back