Old Skool tandem

Repack Rider

Senior Retro Guru
I helped Gary Fisher move into his new flat a few weeks ago, and he took the opportunity to lighten his load by leaving a number of items with me for safekeeping.

Among the items, three guitars and two basses plus an amplifier, and two bikes. I posted pics of the hand-painted downhill bike last month; the other bike is a tandem.

Last Sunday I went for a ride with retrobike poster FairfaxPat, and wouldn't you know it, he went OTB and broke his clavicle. That put me to thinking I should get Gary's tandem operational, so I could take Pat out on rides.

I accomplished it today. All it needed was two pairs of pedals and some air in the tyres. I have no idea about the history of this bike or who made it, but Gary said the tyres had not been pumped up in seven years and we should be careful to see they were in good shape before taking it on a ride.

The head tube features a hand painted design whose significance escapes me.

Attachments

• Tandem_03.jpg
    Tandem_03.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,155
  • Tandem_02.jpg
    Tandem_02.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,155
  • Tandem_01.jpg
    Tandem_01.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,155
Seen two blokes out other day on a tandem in liverpool, not the type of thing you see very often this way like unfortunatly i was to far away to see what make it was or how old it was either.

Never been a fan of tamdems. Purely because I can never make my mind up were to sit. I couldn't bare the fact that some one else is steering & so in control. Plus if I was at the front. Then some one else is the energy at the back so is controling the speed. But i like the idea of a bike for two (or more)
:oops:
Am i just a control freak :shock: :LOL:

Only ridden a tandem once, it was a strange sensation feeling the frame flex as you ride. Love the sparkly paint :cool:

Love it! Completely bonkers!

I have to say that tandeming with my son is just brilliant. I even got flashed out of a side road by a car yesterday. Ordinary people just love them - and my son (who is 5) just enjoys all the attention.

Wow - first tandem bike i can honestly say i liked the look of! Ment@l colour and... HED rims!! Lol, nice one ;)

Latest posts

Back