Old vs new LOOK

531 pro

rBotM Winner
I think its time to move on from my old MTB SPD pedals and shoes and re-equip the fleet with some proper road pedals. I've got two pairs of white and red old-school LOOK pedals from the 80's which I want to press into use, but will old LOOK cleats also fit into new LOOK pedals??

Old Delta Look pedals (which are what yours sound like) require Delta cleats, which are easily bought online, newer Keo pedals require Keo cleats. You cannot use delta cleats with keo pedals, or vice-versa. You can get three different kind of cleats, with varying float. Black give 0 degrees float, grey give 4-5 degrees, and red give 9 (if I remember correctly). Grey are a good bet as no float can ruin knees very quickly.

grilla":2is29d1q said:
Old Delta Look pedals require Delta cleats, which are easily bought online, newer Keo pedals require Keo cleats. You cannot use delta cleats with keo pedals, or vice-versa.
OK ! You beat me to the answer so no point putting up the same ;)

One thing i've found out with LOOK style cleats is they wear out far more quickly that LOOK originals.

I couldn't agree more. Though even the official cleats seem as if they're still pretty much made of cheese. One of the things I swear by is cleat covers. Not only do your cleats avoid ending up looking like they've been masticated to death by savage beasts, but you also stand next to no chance of slipping over and looking like an absolute boob in public.

look

right ho - thanks very much. my next question: will old LOOK cleats fit onto modern (LOOK compatible) cycling shoes? I assume its the same triangular pattern/three bolt fitting??

grilla":3lbo1xey said:
One of the things I swear by is cleat covers.
I have a pair of those red rubber things! Best invention yet bar the bicycle wheel that is.

I've got some old 80's Vittoria cycling shoes and attached to the bottom of them is the first fixed black cleat
and the plastic is that hard you can hardly mark them and they are just as good as new,
Shame they are the fixed version or i would use them again.

Re: look

531 pro":57j9dk1i said:
my next question: will old LOOK cleats fit onto modern (LOOK compatible) cycling shoes? I assume its the same triangular pattern/three bolt fitting??

YES :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ian Raleigh":1j5lfygl said:
I've got some old 80's Vittoria cycling shoes and attached to the bottom of them is the first fixed black cleat
and the plastic is that hard you can hardly mark them and they are just as good as new,
Shame they are the fixed version or i would use them again.

You can take a dremel to them and give them whatever float that you want.

Back