Updated Gios Compact HT! new pictures on second page.

As a rather boring/technical aside, what is the advantage of this style of adjustable dropouts over traditional horizontal dropouts? Is it just that it allows for precision adjustment? I haven't seen it on that many frames, in fact certain Look frames are the only ones that come to mind.

grilla":hbvy2m94 said:
what is the advantage of this style of adjustable dropouts over traditional horizontal dropouts? Is it just that it allows for precision adjustment? .
I reckon its just that being as the drop-outs are vertical.

Took the gal out for a spin today and she rides a dream and turns many heads, can't wait for sundays clubrun. :cool:

Ian Raleigh":46r36atl said:
grilla":46r36atl said:
what is the advantage of this style of adjustable dropouts over traditional horizontal dropouts? Is it just that it allows for precision adjustment? .
I reckon its just that being as the drop-outs are vertical.

Took the gal out for a spin today and she rides a dream and turns many heads, can't wait for sundays clubrun. :cool:

Ah, that makes sense. I hate to be the pedant in the room, but the bar tape appears to be wrapped the wrong way up until the ergos... :cry:

What with a club run and all you wouldn't want to end up red faced ;)

grilla":3s8tvybw said:
I hate to be the pedant in the room, but the bar tape appears to be wrapped the wrong way up until the ergos... :cry:
What with a club run and all you wouldn't want to end up red faced ;)

Just had a look at the bar tape and it is wrapped wrong! I'll see if i can unwind the stuff and do it correctly.

Thanks 'grilla' ;)

With a bike with this much attention to detail, it is the least I could do ;)

I like the Italian fart hole in the saddle btw

daccordimark":2le076zs said:
Fantastic bike with Campag's best ever groupset (excepting the carbon Ergos if I was to be really fussy).
Hope you manage to get out and enjoy it.
Mark.
Did they make Campag' record levers with alloy levers then ? Are the carbon ones upgrades ?

When i was out today i felt as if i was on some kind of Italian Stallion :cool:

Gios

grilla":19pryruy said:
As a rather boring/technical aside, what is the advantage of this style of adjustable dropouts over traditional horizontal dropouts? Is it just that it allows for precision adjustment? I haven't seen it on that many frames, in fact certain Look frames are the only ones that come to mind.

I read that the Compact frames were built in Far East, and the adjusters were to take up the bad frame build errors !!!!! So you could get the correct rear wheel aligment..

Dont know how true it was...

Re: Gios

orbeas":34vshls4 said:
I read that the Compact frames were built in Far East, and the adjusters were to take up the bad frame build errors !!!!! So you could get the correct rear wheel aligment..
Dont know how true it was...
The 'new' compact frames are made in china !

To know if you have a Gios which is made in Italy it has 'Made in Europe' on the top of the seat tube.

The adjusters were not made to take up bad frame errors by the way! But for different tyre sizes and block sizes,
You can adjust the chainstay length by about 8mm, Shorter stays make the bike more responsive and quicker,
lengthening the stays makes for a more stable ride.

I've been playing with my adjusters and with them set right back the wheel is still bang in the middle.

After several chats with Marco Gios i've learned alot more about the Italian Gios.

http://www.prodigiosa.it/index.php/forc ... s-compactq

Updated pictures of me Gios.

No more white-wall tyres! Replaced with Challenge Forte Open Tubular Tyres.

Gone are the black Campagnolo brake lever hoods and replaced with some very nice blue 'One23' hoods.

Been messing about with my camera so sorry if some pictures look daftish

gios1007-1.jpg

gios1003-1.jpg

gios1006-1.jpg

gios1002-1.jpg

gios1004-1.jpg

Someone kill the smiley's :LOL:

Latest posts

Back