Lance Armstrong again....

I'm sick-to-*******-death of this story.

It makes me so sad and angry that his achievements are being destroyed.

If he passed all the doping tests during 7 TDF wins, why is this happening now?

I enjoy seeing him compete in ironman events now. I hope he's far happier away from the BS and beaurocracy of professional cycling.

I don't think the UCI are going to take kindly by being told what to do.

Personally its a which hunt against lance, getting people to testify against him as the USDA want to is like the super grasses of the 70's and 80's. Testimony of drugs cheats is hardly a reliable IMHO

I'm happy to be corrected if I am wrong

But I'm sure usda/wadas own guidelines has an 8 year time limit on offences?

The difficulty here is that because Lance has decided not to take part in the usda's witch hunt circus they have come out claiming it's an admission of guilt despite never having provided a positive test.

I say positive because until you can say 100% you have proof then you have none.

As to the us cycling body being part of wada..that is true but they are part and not all and on this occasion wada and the uci are going to take kindly to the tale wagging the dog.

It's true that he has been banned from competitive iron man events not because he has done anything there..but because it's part of the usda's witch hunt to hound him indefinately.

The other thing often overlooked . Lance has been a marmite cyclist with so many unable to match his talent and the usda not liking the fact that Lance is bigger than the organisation in so many ways.

He through live strong has raised over $500 million for U.S. cancer charities and since retiring has increased his personal time into the charity.

Personally if I was lance I would sit back, enjoy life and say to the usda..prove it..I would then expect a long wait.

Cheating athletes working together with cheating doctors, coaches etc. have devised ways of getting round detection in the drug testing process.

Drug tests can prove you have taken drugs but not that you have never taken them.

So when you do not have the absolute scientific proof that a person has cheated, and there are reasonable grounds for suspicion, then it is acceptable to make a decision based on the strong balance of evidence - including the use of verbal evidence from reliable witnesses. That reliability must be established.

it has almost been forgotten in this thread that the action is being taken against a group of people and not just Lance Armstrong so I am not convinced it is a witch hunt. I'm not a great believer in conspiracy theories.

gerryattrick":hjqjdu3y said:
...the action is being taken against a group of people and not just Lance Armstrong so I am not convinced it is a witch hunt. I'm not a great believer in conspiracy theories.

The implication of which is that there is no direct evidence to charge Armstrong with so they're going for 'the team' and crying guilt by association.

Back