Tyre Choices ?

B77

Senior Retro Guru
Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably long lasting tyre with good grip ? I've killed a pair of Maxxis Minion 3c in about 4 weeks,fantastic though they are shelling out for a pair every month isn't on. The trails/descents around here are very stony with plenty of rocks and seem to destroy tyres. Looked on a few sites but the choice is so vast it's hard to choose
They certainly don't seem to last as long as they did bitd or is it just me ?

I'm using a Kenda Blue Grove / Nevegal combo and they're lasting very well. Had 2x Nevegal on my old bike and they also lasted a loooong time. Great tyres too. :cool:

Running Nevegals at the moment and lasting well. I think I will replace them with Conti rubber queens as they seem to be getting some good reviews.

mass199":kd25lqv4 said:
Running Nevegals at the moment and lasting well. I think I will replace them with Conti rubber queens as they seem to be getting some good reviews.

It's only the Black Chilli version that get the good reviews and they're pretty pricey, although I'll be investing in a pair for the autumn as they're supposed to be pretty good as an all round tyre in mud etc (for a none wet weather tyre).

Mindmap3":2lzqlj45 said:
mass199":2lzqlj45 said:

It's only the Black Chilli version that get the good reviews and they're pretty pricey, although I'll be investing in a pair for the autumn as they're supposed to be pretty good as an all round tyre in mud etc (for a none wet weather tyre).

Yeah i'm after an all rounder ;)

Back