what happened to great britain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a pile of right wing bollox!

If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

Or you could come to Cornwall and see how hard 'foreigners' work in the fields to bring you your food.

al.

B77":34b36a2v said:
What a load of bollocks some people are spouting. The problem with the UK can be summed up with two words, greed and arrogance. Forgien workers taking all the jobs ? again bollocks, if the great british populace had not become so arrogant that work such as fruit picking and cleaning were below them and the manual trades brickkies, chippies etc hadn't become so greedy and charged through the roof for a days work and the larger companies had not said 'bloody hell you'll work for half of what we pay the other blokes' and cut their labour bills by 50% without cutting their prices then there would have not been the work there for them to be tempted by.
Arrogance, people some will say 'I'm desperate for a job' but if you said ok then off you go 65 quid a day to work out in the pissing rain or boiling sun picking fruit & veg or sitting on your arse on a production line, then they'll say but I'm a qualified market analyst I won't do that.
Greed, the fact that people have to work so many hours to pay for their credit card buy now pay later life style that it a has an adverse effect on the job market. If the larger industries hadn't been privatised stripped bare by succesive governments then sold to global corporations who immediately outsourced anything they could, this goes for councils and tendering too.

If the banks had not got so greedy and lent huge sums of money to the american banking institutions who the lent it to greedy people who wanted a house much larger than they could afford and then couldn't repay the debt and the housing market crashed in the states. That is the main cause behind the global recession.

Thing is there is all this ranting and bitching about Great Britain, it's a fantastic country, here we are on a forum where a lot of money is spent on recreating cycling marvels from a very short period in the history of cycling, how lucky or possibly greedy are you to be able to do that? If you told some poor sod living on llama turds in the Attacama that you've just blown his equivalent of 8 months wages on a frame because it was made by so a nd so on a the last Tuesday in February on the day of a full moon, he'd think you were insane, get a sense of perspective it's a bike for christ's sake. How many on here have more than one bike ? You can only ride one at a time...greed again.
Would you rather live in the states where cash is king and not even working hard is a guarantee of a good lifestyle or in Burundi where people will kill you for a pair of trousers and your family for a pair of shoes.
Britain could be great again, all it would take is a bit of dedication to put community before consumerism, of course it would mean a bit of sacrifice and hard work........

This is spot on ^

Nice one B77.

al. :D

Great Britain is still great you just have to forget all the shite that goes on and just get on with your life, life is what you make of it! I dont work hard at all but then i dont need to because i dont have the flash house or car or credit cards, ive naff all money saved, i have an ex council house i bought cheap, and i'm currently on holiday with the wife and kids in a 24yr old folding camper in southport 30 miles from where i live, but my kids love it and that puts the biggest smile on my face everyday and builds good memories for the future.

FSR-Si":3b3kdu05 said:
Great Britain is still great you just have to forget all the shite that goes on and just get on with your life, life is what you make of it! I dont work hard at all but then i dont need to because i dont have the flash house or car or credit cards, ive naff all money saved, i have an ex council house i bought cheap, and i'm currently on holiday with the wife and kids in a 24yr old folding camper in southport 30 miles from where i live, but my kids love it and that puts the biggest smile on my face everyday and builds good memories for the future.

This is a Great briton.

Have a top holiday lad.

Have you seen the sea yet? :LOL:

REKIBorter":2qupgyoh said:
I worked for 30 years (26 years for the same company). Had to give up full-time employment due to ill health in October 2011. Would love to get my health back and earn a desent wage again. Thank goodness for permanent health insurance (which I paid into for 25 years).

Earning good money is under-rated.
Well there's always two sides.

Sometimes it's something of a trap - earn good money, you have your family and home, and then you largely can't afford to not earn good money. So you may be entirely unhappy with what you're doing, but there's no obvious way out, because you've since evolved to a situation where there are demands on you to earn good money.

videojetman":3ial7rvl said:
as i get older i find this country i live in winds me up.
there was a time when i felt glad to be british.
i have a neighbour, he is a healthy 25 year old with a girlfriend and 2 children. he can afford to drink & smoke. comes home with tons of shopping in his brand new ford focus. yet he hasnt worked a day in his life.
i can think of around 5 to 10 people in a similar situation around where i live.
Do you mean it's all off benefits / the state, or that they have more, well, dodgy forms of income?

al":pn0deamc said:
FSR-Si":pn0deamc said:

This is a Great briton.

Have a top holiday lad.

Have you seen the sea yet? :LOL:

Went swimming in the sea at Ainsdale beach yesterday, my 2yr old daughter loved it :D

Great Britain

The word "great" in Great Britain refers to the larger of the Britannic islands and has nothing to do with being fantastic. But nowt wrong in thinking it means fantastic, we're still much better off than most countries :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back