Shimano Multi Release Cleats......

If you can pull up and they dont come out then surely your multi-release cleats aren't multi-releasing so you may aswell have single release. Mine came out easy when I pulled up but at the time, being new to SPDs, I didn't have the spring tension set very high.

I've been using SH56s for about 18 months and haven't had any problems. Having said that, I've also been thinking about trying SH51s :? Finding the optimum release setting is the trick.

Single release for me for the past 16 years. Multis are too, well, releasy. Keep them loose at first. As said, you will have a pointless spd incident at some time... :oops:

JeRkY":1d4mul78 said:
Its worth saying that with either version, you will eventually have an SPD related injury, don't worry too much though it is usually only bruised ego. It seems to happen just when you get confident. :LOL:

yeah nothing worse then trying to unclip then hitting the ground when you realize you have changed pedals and not adjusted screws

single as well. On the multi's I would sometimes become unclipped just by pushing my knees outwards while absorbing some bumps

Back