Retro sounds for retro rides...

Portishead and Ben Folds Five is what I like. In my Saab I normally listen to news and backgrounds radio.

When I started riding I was heavily into stuff like Carter USM.
Soon got into stuff like The Smiths, Oasis, Stone Roses, Blur, Primal Scream, early REM etc etc

There are two songs that are firmly imprinted on my mind when talking old school and bikes.

These were the Shamen- move any mountain and the Prodigy- charly.
Both were played rather a lot around the Malverns 90/91 :cool:

Old school stuff!! Awesome..

Had the Happy Mondays "Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches" on my 'Pod last night because of this posting.. :D

Madness, Ben Folds Five, Jamiroquia, Barenaked Ladies and Girls Aloud - to apeal to my Gay Disco streak.

Watched an old Frank Skinner show yesterday morning [Comeda Channel] with Girls Aloud guesting.. That is one hot bunch o' chicks.. :shock:

girlsaloud.jpg

I guess their music is shocking tho? Not sure I've heard any on Aussie Radio..

kingroon":akpmmlib said:
I guess their music is shocking tho? Not sure I've heard any on Aussie Radio..

you wouldn't want to mate, take my word for it!

i have to say, i don't generally listen to much in the way of retro tunes - generally listen to a mix of pretty much everything, including artists such as:

Fall Out Boy
Coheed And Cambria
65daysofstatic
Hybrid
Mylo
UNKLE
DJ Shadow
Funeral For A Friend
Sigur Ros
Bullet For My Valentine
Erykah Badu
Basement Jaxx
Hundred Reasons

Mind you, I do appreciate good 90's stuff such as FNM, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, et al.

Also have a bit of a weakness for 80's cheese and hair metal - Def Leppard and Van Halen anyone? :LOL:

Def Leppard.. How good are they eh.. I've got Hysteria on vinyl somewhere.. :shock:

I must be getting ol

Fall Out Boy
Coheed And Cambria
65daysofstatic
Hybrid
Mylo
UNKLE
DJ Shadow
Funeral For A Friend
Sigur Ros
Bullet For My Valentine
Erykah Badu
Basement Jaxx
Hundred Reasons

Of the above I know none. I must be getting old

In the 90's as I said it was REM, smiths etc..

In the 80's my mum was a punk so it was Sex Pistols, Ramones, Dead kennedys, Crass, Poisen Girls and a host of others. And the Festive Fifty each year.

Yeah Im pretty much into late 90s/2000+ punk music. Pretty much got most bands stuff - u cant beat an unheard of though for passion/fury etc. though. Also I stick to the rule that 90% of bands first album are their best!

Back