fat team

Thanks for the lead cdngrimpeur!

Actually the bike isn't a FAT, but it is one too ...sort like

To my information frame is issued by Canadian FAT importer. It is a Japan made frame labelled Team Chance. Chris didn't like it, but I do not know whether he disapproved it. To me the later is pretty crucial. Anyway it hasn't FAT DNA like the Yo, Wicked or Buck have. It is made overseas and typical FAT features like domed stays are missing.

- Melvin

i didn't know about these - and am now getting a little worried as the Yo i've just bought (but not seen in the metal yet) looks a hell of a lot like this in the pics... :?

How can i be sure that the one i've bought is a genuine Yo Eddy?

Don't worry, your Yo is 101% FAT

I will post some pics I saved before to clearify

Team FAT pics (another, not the eBay one):

weird1.jpg

Tange Struts fork: Also the Buck could be ordered with Struts. Yo and BOI fork were closed at the top of the blades were Struts had plastic caps(removed on this bike). Struts have curved blades, Yo and BOI straight.

weird2.jpg

A seatube this long beyond TT is really un-FAT

weird3.jpg

No domed stays! Way smaller diameter stays at that point, but that could also be because they are tapered (can't see). Fat stays of course aren't tapered. Not as neat looking dropouts with 2 eyelets.

Not many made and of course by far most are in Canada

- Melvin

Elev12k":sta08v5i said:
Don't worry, your Yo is 101% FAT

I will post some pics I saved before to clearify

Phew, cheers bud! I was getting worried there for a moment thinking I'd made an expensive mistake! :LOL:

Well, it is the seller who claims it is an "original Fat Chance". Whether that is correct is in fact a bit questionable.

A thread on MTBR VRC discussing another Team Chance. Pic showing tapered stays included. Frame is made out Tange Prestige.

Here

I asked Wendyl about these tiawan fats ages ago. The quality wasnt anywhere near what FAT was after & the project was shelved soon after it started.
For the record theres nowt wrong with tange struts, they were offered as a cheaper option on later buckshavers.

Back