Carlton Continental

wow what a bike love it miss my carlton i had a carlton criterium yours looks awesome keep the pics coming want to see the Finish project :)

Got some new wheel from Robbied196 many thanks.

front ones cleaned up nicely and i've fitted the new tyre, tube and rim tape

190820121666.jpg

Has a nice large flange hub and wingnuts.

190820121667.jpg

the other needs stripping down and rebuilding onto a the original rear hub, which i hope to get done next week

Large flange wheel hubs always look good. My Continental of around71/72 has them. They'll look very attractive on the machine.

pulled the other front wheel and original rear wheel apart, ready to build into a new rear.

Found out the rear hub has the normal screw for a freewheel cassette on one side and what i assume to be the screw and lock ring for a fixed wheel on the other side.

The rear hub is in very good condition, due to it being covered in a thick oily gunk, thats protected the chrome, so only a couple small spots of pitting on the center, loads better than the original front one.

Don't remember a 5 speed block / fixed combo rear wheel.

There was a Fixed / single freewheel hub from a few manufacturers though. Might be one of those dished for the 5 speed block.

Cheers

Shaun

it was at a standstill with building the rear wheel, but thanks to a couple mates i have a couple suitable donor wheels to strip down for their spokes/nipples.

On a plus i got a new seat for it, a San Marco Rolls all complete, couple small scuffs in the leather, nothing a good clean can't sort out.

Back