Al Carter Black Panther 1st Bike and now 1st RetroBike!!

The Cleaner

Dirt Disciple
Nothing exotic but special to me, just thought I'd share my first retro purchase. Found on gumtree last week for 45 squids! its in perfect running order and seems mostly original with a bit of purple thrown in (no bad thing IMHO!!).
Couldn't resist as this was the first proper mountain bike I bought when I was 14 after slaving on a paper round for 18 months! that one got nicked when I went to uni but this is bringing back so many memories of my early MTBing!
Hope youy like!

photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

For a first bike it blows mine into the weeds, looks well equiped is that a XT738 rear mech

Saw that myself but it was too small and too nice to split. Glad it went to a good home!

Rear mech will be a M737 or M739. Brake stradle cables are a bit high, an inch lower will give you more power/feel.

lrh":1ouyxocr said:
Brake stradle cables are a bit high, an inch lower will give you more power/feel.

Already done mate! Had a nice little shake down ride yesterday and everything is sweet. Not sure if this was year after my original one as it had full DX with ST-MO71 sti's and RM20 rims. This one has the rapid fire+, M737 rear mech, LX front mech, SG-X rings and 217 SUP rims???

1st proper ride today, amazing how well 20 yr old steel bike feels, geo back in the day was obviously pretty good. need to replace the seatpost as its pretty tired, would you go silver or black????

photo-18.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D !!!

Spot on that, great to see people enjoying an old memory, that's how it starts and how it should be done :cool:

Back