Time for another moan

cornholio's RC200":2rubjb2t said:
Evan worse there's 2 in Manchester..... Great if you want to buy a brand new bike; salesmen everywhere. If you want something small like a brake noodle or some bottle cage bolts forget it :twisted:

Mrs bought a Kona Hybrid from Deansgate last year, she loves it, everything great to be gin with, but then after 2 weeks the BB wore out....
I literally fumed down the phone at the manager when he said they wouldnt replace it, as with all bearing components, its classed as a "wear item" and as such isnt covered by standard warrenty etc.

Told him I was bringing it in at a certain time the next day... OK, I'll be here, he said.... when I got there, he had taken a days holiday the little shite! :evil:

Spotty kid at the counter obviously felt bad, so got the workshop to fit a new XT one for free :cool:

Incidentally, I cannot moan about Evans taking over the high street, as every new store means a new signage projecy for my work ;)

G

As long as the service is good a bit of a wait if things have to be ordered is bearable but a shite attitude will have me walking out and ordering online. The LBS's round here seem to be full of people who can't be bothered to answer questions with anything other than a gallic shrug.
There is one exeption but they want 199 euros for a Shimano Saint derailleur.........

The flip side is that shops can spend a lot of cash on stock only to have 'customers' view/test ride the bikes...then p*ss off any buy their chosen model wherever they can for the cheapest price on-line.
Obviously I am not suggesting this is your case but it does happen.

I personally think a lot of what used to be useful shops are dying in the face of the internet and with that older outlets are starting to adopt the modern approach which usually means replacement not repair, whole assembly not individual parts and more examples of the throw away society we have become to satisfy consumerism.

Largely I now shop on the internet and that because shops never have the stock of what I need, or their pricing is a bit on the high side compared to what I know I can get stuff at online. Of course this has changed my buying habits, as now I buy a few of consumables cheaply online and rarely go into cycle shops as in the past they have disappointed.

But of all the shopping online, what I don't understand is how Royal Mail is ailing so much.

The other I cant remember the name but was in redruth they did seem nice enough but why advertise as a main dealer without even a bike there to see?[/quote]

His son sells stuff on here so watch what you say.

I havent said anything wrong I just found it disapointing driving to a shop thats advertised as a dealer to not find a single bike on show, Granted I am sure they have their reasons but still a bit poo for people that travel to go and have a look.

also said they were nice enough :LOL:

If you want bad service try winstanleys in wigan, a few years ago i went in to buy a zaskar from from them, i turned up with 1k in my pocket to buy it and was told they were to busy to get one out for me and that if i came back on wednesday they'ed try and get one out, this was on the monday. I pulled the cash out of my pocket and told the guy i was there to buy it that day, i then said if he got me one out i'd take it away boxed, his reply was come back in 2hrs and he'll see what he could do, i just walked away in the end.

Back