Stupidly lightweight V brakes - SORTED

Its the first time I've saw them for sale, they've been on their site for ages but have been impossible to find.

Hi Tintin

I wouldn't go near them either just putting up a link for pictorial purposes only and yes they are w@n&£r$ ;)

kermitgreenkona88":3bo87se7 said:
Hi Tintin

I wouldn't go near them either just putting up a link for pictorial purposes only and yes they are w@n&£r$ ;)

I thought we would agree.

Best to remind people that they are the sort of people you ''wouldn't buy a second hand car'' from :LOL:
ANd most of the brands they sell you can buy direct from the makers. ALso the euro is weak so the pound buys a lot ;)

i decided a while back, of all the places to shave 100g off, brakes is not the best one of them.

that said, if id shaved off everywhere else first, and had a pile of cash to burn, id go for extralite
http://www.extralite.com/Products/UltraBrakes.htm
those italians make some nice kit.

for a cheaper option, maybe source some avid mags and mod them up with ti bolts/springs etc?
some 'normal' levers, avid sd sl, xt739, sram 9/7 etc with a bit of ti modding, should be able to get down somewhere near 160g an end.
obviously wont look as trick tho.

WW Biffa:
i decided a while back, of all the places to shave 100g off, brakes is not the best one of them.
Personally I agree, that's why I'm selling the KCNC one...it frightens me. (Not to mention their 28g levers :shock:)
I would go faster if I fitted them, but only because I was frightened to use the brakes...not good.

dscf0014.jpg

Anybody been filing their brake blocks down to save weight? :D

All the best,

Latest posts

Back