1985 Roy Cottingham Chronometro *UPDATED*

I hope so though between having a back operation and starting a new job I've got no time to train, hopefully this will settle down soon and I may do the odd sporting club tt on it. If I get my lo-pro finished (see other thread) I'll get that out as well.
In the meantime I've got a different set of wheels to put on this bike that may suit it better as well as being a bit lighter. Just when I think it's finished I want to change something!

Hi Nob, nice to see you on here - I enjoy your posts on the time trialling forum. I'm surprised you didn't comment on the state of my grass....

I agree with your comments, ultimately it'll be going Super Record throughout when funds allow which will be more in keeping with the age of the frame.

Are you going to post your Pyne bike on here? :cool:

RooKilo":8e3vx45b said:
Hi Nob, nice to see you on here - I enjoy your posts on the time trialling forum. I'm surprised you didn't comment on the state of my grass....

I agree with your comments, ultimately it'll be going Super Record throughout when funds allow which will be more in keeping with the age of the frame.

Are you going to post your Pyne bike on here? :cool:

I think I will do that.
I have got a Campag 50th Rear Mech to put onto this machine to replace the modern carbon rear mech.

nice bike!

My dad is Ian Reid, the Reid in Reid Cottingham, does anyone know if any of the original bikes that my dad made in the sixties are still about? would love to see some of his bikes.

Leo Reid

Reidy73@hotmail.com":wpkh2np9 said:
nice bike!

My dad is Ian Reid, the Reid in Reid Cottingham, does anyone know if any of the original bikes that my dad made in the sixties are still about? would love to see some of his bikes.

Leo Reid

Hi Leo,

I've not seen a Reid Cottingham but that's not to say there's none about, I'm in regular contact with a friend of Roy's so I'll ask him if he knows of any. I've got a catalogue, I was going to post it up on the forum anyway but assuming you've not got it pm me your address and I'll email it to you.

Thanks, Ian

I have one of your fathers bikes

Hi Leo,I have a Cottingham & Reid bike 1968. Fond memories of looking thro workshop window opposite Rushden police station as Ian Reid brazed up another reynolds 531 frame on a jig, on the way home from local secondary school. Neil.

Back