Show us your Scott!!

Loving Roy's retro-travel shots - more please (open a travelogue thread)!

Early Scotts are real faves for me - can't establish a cut off point or if there was anything behind my loss of affection eg. takeovers etc. but I reckon it must be from 1993 onwards that they lost that something....

Rode my German import frame at the Mountain Mayhem 24 Hours early this year (note non-original fork) after help from my mechanics.

mrkawasaki":dx4ptpl3 said:
Early Scotts are real faves for me - can't establish a cut off point or if there was anything behind my loss of affection eg. takeovers etc. but I reckon it must be from 1993 onwards that they lost that something....
I don't know Neil...
maybe "this something" is only feeling about brand? if yes, and I cannot proof anything... ;)

IMO the end of "true, classic Scotts" is in the moment, when "Scott" logotype gone from top tube (95 was the last one with it)

But it's also only the feeling... when we will look into catalogues, we will see innovations all the time, Scott still creating unique constructions Look for Endorphins, Intoxicas in late '90/ early '00, look for lightest XC Scales/Sparks...

did i hear someone say Endorphin ??

4ghum8.jpg

my Endorphin which i took delivery of earlier this year.

This is a 1991 Scott Boulder I found recently. Complete Deore LX groupset but a replacement rear rim at some point. Still, decent nick other than the crap paint (the rear triangle should be orange, not yellow).

Vailhauqus-20120216-02263.jpg

I'm going to build it as a singlespeed.

Sawtooth 1992

Hi,

this is my '92 Sawtooth. At the moment it's fitted with some parts out of the bin but since I'm planning to turn this into my daily commuter, I'll replace the butterscotch Psychos with some black ZMax, new grips and a Ritchey saddle - once i get out the stuck seatpost :evil: hopefully today.

Attachments

• RB_Sawtooth.jpg
    RB_Sawtooth.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 3,475
I've replaced the 26" wheels with a 700C Mavic set I had, MA40s on Mavic hubs.

scott1.jpg

The brakes are MAFAC Racer centre-pulls, and work quite well with the Dia-Compe levers.

scott2.jpg

Not really getting on with the singlespeed thing though (I live in the country and it's hilly, as opposed to a flat city-centre) so aiming to go back to gears. Might put drops on it.

funny this
but i saw a bloke on an orange /gray/black scott tonight , sawtooth i thought
but as i got near i saw it was an apollo summat ,identical paint layout
from an early 90's scott

Back