The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1990 Kona Cindercone

What do you think I could sell this for then or would it be better to break?

CIMG0141.jpg

CIMG0159.jpg

Now fitted with a black seat post. Could put a Deore crank an bb back on it if that would be better?

Mines a little bit odd, as I have had people wanting to bite my hand off for the frame when I didn't want to sell it - and offering silly money.

Yet now I am wanting to let it go (frame only), I am not sure what to ask.

Was thinking £100 to £150, but would appreciate the thoughts of others.

It is a 1999 Zaskar LE in Cosmic Sunrise (The colour that fades from purple / gree / red to black depending on how the sun falls on it)

In reasonable condition with a few scratches and a couple of deep ones on the top tube. No dents or bent pipes though.

zaskarroad1.jpg

The Ken":33vjpuv0 said:
I'm guessing the single speed hub is a road bike hub on a mtb rim - not that it makes much difference with hope - might be popular with retro ss guys.

Neither road nor MTB designated. It's just a single speed hub and came in 130 and 135mm lengths

Them huge flanged rear hubs could be a Tandem version of the XC ? they did make Tandem disc Big un's and Tandem large flanged freehub.

EDIT. It is a Hope Tandem rear hub. drag brake as well apparently and beefed up ratcheting.. the threads the disc is on is for a drag brake and the nuts on the end are part of the hub as well.
Hope tandem hub on google images brings up good old SJS pics and info.. nowt on waybackmachine though.

Fluffy - that makes sense as I did have it on a tandem, with the brake (although the brake sat inside the chain and seat stays and the angle was such I couldn't get the pads to fully reach the disc. I think I sold/lost the brake unit itself at a bike jumble but not sure). So, do I put the wheels/hubs on the for sale here or see what eBay makes of them? Be good for them to go to good homes.

Cheers. Biff.

Good spot Fluffy, SJS is a goldmine, an expensive gold mine at that.

Those end bolts are the same ones they use on their early 9mm through axles. The very early mtb hopes were just reworked tandem hubs too.

How many spokes is it?

i have a 14" kona kula from 2000. i know its after 97 but thought i might get a value here as well as the 98 onwards page.
since built my wife has used it 3 times and done about 30 miles if that.
the brakes were new when i fitted them to the bike, they are formula's and very good.
it also has a pink chris king headset.
too small and pink for me to keep.
is it worth more splitting ?
thanks in advance, jeff.

Attachments

• IMG_5065.JPG
    IMG_5065.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 641
NOS Saracen TuffTrax 1989?

I'll probably end up regretting this, but I think I'm going to have to part with my Saracen Tufftrax frame. I bought it from my LBS and although it has been built up at one time, it has never left the shop so is essentially NOS and in very good condition.

I think its a 1989 Tufftrax based on colour and design but I've not seen the same decals on any pics or catalogues. Size is 22", tange headset fitted (also NOS).

Anyway not sure what to ask for it, any advice appreciated.

Stu

7846311394_0868607041.jpg

7846310632_450ffb4dbc.jpg

1993 Roberts dogs bollox , Well known within Retrobike. thinking of parting with one of my retro steeds and sadly the Roberts is the ill fitting of the two. Prices vary on ebay

Full m900 including wheels with Syncros

DSC_0883.jpg

daj":3ihzfmck said:
1993 Roberts dogs bollox , Well known within Retrobike. thinking of parting with one of my retro steeds and sadly the Roberts is the ill fitting of the two. Prices vary on ebay

Full m900 including wheels with Syncros

DSC_0883.jpg

Having often seen this ridden I'd say about £20 tops as it doesn't go down hill very well, anything over a 1 in 10 and the rider is forced to get off and walk.

Answer = more if you split it and GT-steve will take the saddle off you!

1996/7 Ritchey Rim on Red Anodized Hope II Hub Pirahna 2.00&

I've got an old front wheel on my current Orange P7.

It's original from new, so possibly somebody knows what it's worth.

I want to sell it to part fund a new Deore XT wheelset, just so they match, really!

It's a Ritchey rim with the blue sticker on, no cracks or dints, true as Jesus Himself. You can kind of see the hub on this shot, along with the rim.

Polishing up the nickel plating on the '95 Orange P7. Kitchen foil and Autosol, with elbow grease. by ApostlesPoem, on Flickr

Here's a really bad close up of the hub:

Orange P7 - Detail by ApostlesPoem, on Flickr

So, for a front wheel, what kind of value am I looking at?
After postage, is it going to be worth it?
Shall I just bite the bullet and live with a mismatched wheelset for the better hub up in front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back