Need an opinion on these tyres!!

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I've got a Gios and just slapped on some white wall tyres as i thought it would look good but now i'm having second thoughts.

What you think guys ? Yuk! or do i try and get some high quality tanwall HP's from somewhere though god knows where :roll:

Sorry for the poor picture :facepalm:

gios002.jpg

I personally think it would be the finishing touch :D

But I do love Gios frames, it looks great as it is, so don't get too Hung up on the tyre predicament. The Michelins will probably be the better performing tyre to be honest.
I think you compromise some grip and durability with an open tub like the Veloflex.

gregs656":3ugsouki said:
stick with what you have. it fits. Tan walls on your rims isn't going to sit right IMO.

Yeh tanwalls on Mavic blue rims might not marry up nicely, i can see that now :shock:

I do like and don't like at the same time the white tyres.

My 'likes'...
1: It brightens up the bike[not that it needs it]
2: Cost of tyres were cheap at £23 for the pair.
3: Some roads around here are bad for crap and hedge cuttings, so might not puncture.

My 'dis-likes'..
1: It reminds me of those cheapo fixies with white tyres.
2: The tread edge is not even so i've ran a black marker to even the 'up and down' a bit.
3: Knowing i've used cheap tyres on a mega worthy machine, Am i a cheap-skate or am i scared of the wife.

I don't think they look cheap, I think they suit the colour scheme. The uneven tread is annoying, but when you're cycling are you really going to care?

On the last point, why not see how they ride before worrying about if you have spent enough or not.

gregs656":2b6jbnwc said:
I don't think they look cheap, I think they suit the colour scheme. The uneven tread is annoying, but when you're cycling are you really going to care?

On the last point, why not see how they ride before worrying about if you have spent enough or not.

I'll be taking the girl out tomorrow to see what she's like.
The black edge is now level but you would think Michelin would make spot on tyres wouldn't you :roll:

Back