daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just returning from me honeymoon so getting on 10 days without a moan

Bike shops

Popped into two bike shops while away purely from their adverts both in the southwest !!

1st shop interested me because it was a main dealer for a brand I am looking at , drive there not one in the shop. "thought you were a dealer?" "we are but don't stock any" was the reply :roll:

2nd shop advertises 10,000 square feet shop with 10 brands stocked etc etc. thought great be a nice selection to compare. Get there , the shop is actually shared with a mountain shop and they have a small upstairs area with about three of the brands covered all being basic models :roll:

Anyway moan over!!

could be worse, could've been a massive shop, stocking hundreds of different brands, all in stock, and the owner (and his staff) be bloody rude, ignorant, unwilling to help and genrally a bit sour-faced.

not naming any names tho.. :LOL:

daj":1pblpv6p said:
2nd shop advertises 10,000 square feet shop with 10 brands stocked etc etc. thought great be a nice selection to compare. Get there , the shop is actually shared with a mountain shop and they have a small upstairs area with about three of the brands covered all being basic models :roll:

That sounds just like Cycle Surgery in Portsmouth (about half a mile from Wiggle). They occupy a tiny corner of a huge outdoor store. Although, I did get a really cheap drinks bottle there, so not all bad.

A very prominent Cycle store who do very well with online sales have just opened a branch near me.

If you want to buy a bike or a some clothing they are great.

Parts? Utter nonsense. They do however have a very overpriced service department to fettle your nice new bike every few months for you.

I can't name them but 'eaven's above it is a disappointment.

Tazio":2yb5invw said:
A very prominent Cycle store who do very well with online sales have just opened a branch near me.

If you want to buy a bike or a some clothing they are great.

Parts? Utter nonsense. They do however have a very overpriced service department to fettle your nice new bike every few months for you.

I can't name them but 'eaven's above it is a disappointment.

We have one just like that in Brighton :LOL:

Evan worse there's 2 in Manchester..... Great if you want to buy a brand new bike; salesmen everywhere. If you want something small like a brake noodle or some bottle cage bolts forget it :twisted:

the big store was cycle surgery in Exeter which I was Really peeved about as the advertising is pretty misleading :?

The other I cant remember the name but was in redruth they did seem nice enough but why advertise as a main dealer without even a bike there to see?

daj":280f2j7y said:
the big store was cycle surgery in Exeter which I was Really peeved about as the advertising is pretty misleading :?

The other I cant remember the name but was in redruth they did seem nice enough but why advertise as a main dealer without even a bike there to see?

There are good bike shops down here. Just need to be in the know ;)

Back