A&D

Gunscrossed

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
You may have wondered why I've been selling off all my unstarted projects!
Partly to make way for this new arrival, not really a 'project' as I bought it as a complete bike but I've changed the bar tape already and will probably try a white saddle later. Also thinking of swapping the Shimano gears and Ofmega cranks for Campag items? :?
403726098.jpg

403726099.jpg

403726100.jpg

403726101.jpg

403726104.jpg

403726103.jpg

Tasty! White saddle is a must unless you can get a pink one to match the 'bar tape. Some Nuovo Record mechs and chainset are definitely in order.

Mark.

Such a Classic and very much of the era........... lugs, fork rake, track round forks on a road bike.....something I couldn't afford at the time :)

To keep it period you need to shorten the brake cables over the handlebars...

Shaun

Midlife":3916djhq said:
Such a Classic and very much of the era........... lugs, fork rake, track round forks on a road bike.....something I couldn't afford at the time :)

To keep it period you need to shorten the brake cables over the handlebars...

Shaun

Do you think I should keep the Shimano stuff Shaun?

The concept of the "groupset" wasn't really about at that time, we used what we could afford or what we liked the look of or copied from people like Alf Engers LOL

Lots of stuff was traded between club members..

The only people who rode a "groupset" were the sponsored teams like Raleigh / Campagnolo or people with lots of money :)

Shaun

Nice Aende.

I knew Allen well and Derek too :cry: now in the blue skies of the greatest 'local' master frame builders.

Ian Raleigh":305gl090 said:
Nice Aende.

I knew Allen well and Derek too :cry: now in the blue skies of the greatest 'local' master frame builders.

Interesting, I'd like to hear more about the history behind these frames.

Not really history.......more of a legend :)

Chopped, slotted and drilled more bits of frame than anyone else (aside from his more normal frames) and we would have killed for one of his frames back in the late 70's

At the time Mark Bell beat Greg Lamond in the USA and the Junior champ had a Aende frame :)

Shaun

Latest posts

Back