Oops! What was I thinking?

Thanks guys :)

It does indeed need a bling, bling bell :D Yet it is the only part I have not ordered, think I might have to plump for a silver one brass or gold are rather expensive....

Bit of trivia for ya; what does every shopping bike need? Give up? Somewhere to put your shopping of course! (Well you probably saw the picture anyway).

But what. Wicker basket? Too predictable. Wire basket? Too "Tesco". No it had to be a rack bag but have you ever tried finding a pretty rack bag? You haven't!? Well I tell you what there's not much out there at all. My missus loves Cath Kidston so I started looking for a bag in that kinda design that would match the bike. A chance shopping trip found me the bag below.

P1160527.jpg

£8 handbag from Primark. In the picture I'd already cut off the handles and removed the shoulder strap. Just had to stiffen it up which I did with 'foamboard' cutting open the lining and sticking it to the sides of the bag with the Evostik I used for the saddle. I removed the studs from the bottom of the bag which gave me some washer things which I used to add some extra strength to the cable ties I used to hold the bag on. Wasn't too happy using cable ties but my options were limited due to my textile skills.

The result is a stiff bag which I think is quite fitting with the style of the bike.

P1160535.jpg

Maiden ride was a success just need to tweak the riding position slightly but otherwise very pleased.

So nearly done now I'm just waiting for one more thing to come through the post from Germany.

P1160534.jpg

You could go into business at this rate OCS Orange County Shoppers :LOL:

Seriously looks totally fabulous ( You will have to watch out for your good lady now, you know how jealous other women get ;) )

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ha! :D Thanks again guys. Final instalment now (probably, maybe)

Look at the picture above and what do you notice? Those dated white wall tyres just have no place on this bike anymore, there's nothing else white on it. So despite what I said on the first page of this thread I ordered some new tyres. I really wanted cream but alas 20" cream tyres do not seem to be available on the aftermarket so I plumped for these cream wall Schwable Road Cruisers which I ordered from Germany.

I now see that they were the perfect choice :) The cream of the tyres matches the cream of the bag and the modern tread/ design brings the bike bang upto date. In reality in looks almost like a new bike.

So thats it done. Well apart from a bell....

P1160541.jpg

P1160542.jpg

P1160543.jpg

P1160544.jpg

P1160545.jpg

P1160547.jpg

It looks amazing and just think Tel you did it all for just the same price as 2 modern bikes would have cost you ;) :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That is quite something!

How about we have a BoTM special event limited to Twenties - You've inspired me to have a go too...

G

Back