Skinwalls... or not?

Tazio":3o3s6y84 said:
Skinwalls just remind me of plimsolls.
i love plimsolls! :)

since discovering this forum i've grown a fetish for amber/rust/skin wall tyres.
although i'm being drawn in by tyres such as Conti-kings. i like the organe logo on the black walls :)

i have some whitewalls on my spesh hardrock, just whacked on some skinwall IRC mythos. i personally like the look. but agree that it can look a little anemic.
in fact, i think this is the frame i bought from you Deadrats :)

Attachments

• Spesh Hardrock low rez.jpg
    Spesh Hardrock low rez.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 758
haha!

I know someone who may be interested in your rigid fork if you ever go back to sus?

personally I'm not a fan of those tyres on that bike tho... glad you went to skin rather than white!

:p

lol, i have gone off the whitewalls recently - require cleaning too much! getting some conti touring tyres soon.
I have converted to front sus actually. my wrists were starting to ache riding the rigid as much as i did for some reason.
put my plush Marz marathons on and its looooovely :)

i may well be interested in letting the rigid forks go to be honest. would prefer some P2s or similar.
the steerer on them is crazy long (i didnt bother cutting it down :p )
PM me if your friend is interested.

Amber wall's look ace on modern bikes. These are now on my girlfriends Orange Diva. :cool:

Attachments

• 2007 Clockwork. 001.jpg
    2007 Clockwork. 001.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 739
brocklanders023":15eyucth said:
Amber wall's look ace on modern bikes. These are now on my girlfriends Orange Diva. :cool:

To be fair though that is a classic looking frame with a colour scheme that dates back about 20 odd years so pulls off the look with the tyres easily.

here you go Deadrats, hope this eases your mind ;) taken at lunch time today :)

Attachments

• Spesh Hardrock marz low rez.jpg
    Spesh Hardrock marz low rez.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 215
Back