some help/advice needed with my 98 gt lts build

Forgot about the axle..they may still be available. When I ditched the C2's from my Chameleon, UK Bike Store still had Big 'Un axles.

E5AF4748-22DC-4BE4-873A-211DF11604F8-3005-0000016EB0E2964F.jpg

Hope this helps

Thanks for all the help. Story so far. I have replaced the rear bottom shock bolt with a m8 8.8 hi tensile bolt. The 8.8 bit is the tensile strength where a regular bolt is about 4 apparently. I took out the top bush where the rear end meets the seat tube as it was making all kinds of strange noises. I cleaned and decreased this area and re greased it with lithium. If it creaks again I will replace the removable tube and bushes as the tube was quite worn but still serviceable. I cleaned out the bottom linkages on the chain stays as well. The bottom shock mount was held together with a bent coach bolt but all the associated spacers and seals were there so that was just the bolt I mentioned earlier. I replaced the bars and stem with a matching tioga set in ano black. I stripped the forks and put new seals in with new 7.5w rock oil fully synthetic. I know rock oil from the old 2 stroke racing days and it was 5 quid for half a litre or 23 quid for the same stuff with marzocchi written on it. In the process of reassembling the forks I cracked a small aluminium bolt that goes in the lower leg and holds the pumping rod in place. This bolt also stops all the oil draining out as well :roll: Luckily the importers had a few in stock but said when there gone there gone as they design has been replaced with a nut, so I ordered a spare. I changed the rear tyre for a conti king, trued both wheels as they were a mile out, cleaned the calipers and discs and sorted the chain device out. New front pads and a sag set up with the travel chips in the xc position and I'm glad to say all the grumbling I did before has been replaced with smiles as its now running reasonably noise free and feels good.
Next on the list is a xtr shifter, grips and pedals.
Any thoughts?

this is it as it stands

Attachments

• 20120907_172635.jpg
    20120907_172635.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 20120907_172650.jpg
    20120907_172650.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 286
oh and I forgot to mention I found out the silver caps on the levers are not the place to fill them rather they are like what a barrel adjuster would do on a cable brake!
I couldn't undo the thing below it to change the brake fluid for love nor money, is there a secret to it?

Looks pretty good mate.

The top caps can be a pain to undo. If I remember when I had mine it was a case of a good spanner and some brute force!

Back