Help with ebay purchase in London - SW16-ish

garethrl

Senior Retro Guru
Hi folks,
Would anyone possibly be able to help with a collection-only auction in London? Two snags:

- I don't (yet) know where in London (have sent the seller a message)
- it ends in ~5hrs!

The auction is this one for a Raleigh frame and fork. I've asked the seller about courier options as well so I may not need any help in the end - but always best to have a backup plan ...

Cheers,
Gareth.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If its any where close to N1 I can help, although be warned that due to working way outside London it is very hard for me to get large stuff boxed up and sent out, especially since I don't have a car to collect boxes/ bikes in etc.

Last time I had to source a bike box it meant a £10 cab fare to get it home...

But if I can be of use, i am happy to try to help.

Thanks very much for the offer - much appreciated and I'll certainly bear it in mind.

I expect that in the even of a friendly RBer collecting on my behalf, then the simplest solution would be for them - if possible - to store it in the attic or shed until the next time I'm passing by or through London. I normally head by that way every few months.

Of course, a courier option after collection is always possible, if there's absolutely no way to store even temporarily. But as I go be semi-regularly, it might be simpler to collect it and hamg on to it until such time as I'll next be passing by.

Cheers,
Gareth.

ps I was away last week, but if you're going to be heading over this way again any time then give me a shout

I heard back from the seller and the frame is located near Streatham Common, so roughly SW16. I guess that pretty much counts Jerky out!

Is anyone else out there in RB-land a bit better located and who might be able to help out?

garethrl":2o9uouuu said:
I heard back from the seller and the frame is located near Streatham Common, so roughly SW16. I guess that pretty much counts Jerky out!

Yup, due to work I don't get back into London until 7pm at the earliest. Also storage is an issue due to having far too much kit as it is. Sorry :(

garethrl":2o9uouuu said:
Is anyone else out there in RB-land a bit better located

I'll have you know I am very nicely located thank you! :LOL:

I will be in the UK on the weekend of 21st of September,
and coming back to Belgium the same weekend.

I may be able to collect for you and bring back to
Belgium, if you can pick up from Leuven.

Ideally, it would be good if the seller could meet me at
either King's X Eurostar terminal or Paddington, otherwise
I will have to convince the Mrs to let me do a detour to SW16.

Let me know if any of that is of any help,

Johnny

Back