Uniglide 6 speed cassette

adscan

Devout Dirtbag
I have picked up a pair of wheels with a 7 speed uniglide hub. My bike is set up for 6 speed. Anyone got a 6 speed uniglide block they no longer need?

Many thanks[/list]

thanks for the reply..

i am not fussy as i am struggling to find any 6 sp uniglide cassette. something suitable for road use really.
many thanks

there's a 6 speed ug cassette on ebay now £40 BIN 13-28t (not mine) it's used so not really sure that's much of a bargain.

I'll have a look at what I have in the clear light of day tomorrow.

...or you could remove one of the cogs from your 7 speed and change the spacers to 6 speed ones, hey presto a 6 speed cassette. The uniglide cassettes are held together with 3 pins which are only there for ease of fitting the cassette on the freehub. I should have a set of 6 speed spacers if you haven't any.

Errr no.

Uniglide has a different spline pattern to HG and the top sprocket is threaded instead of using a locking.

dbmtb":2nmx64gv said:
Errr no.

Uniglide has a different spline pattern to HG and the top sprocket is threaded instead of using a locking.

I'm not talking about HG, I never mentioned HG. Only speaking about UG. I have done this with UG, it's easy.

Spibblo":1sp90qim said:
dbmtb":1sp90qim said:
Errr no.

I'm not talking about HG, I never mentioned HG. Only speaking about UG. I have done this with UG, it's easy.

and now you mention it, the SPACERS in HG cassettes are not splined. they are just plastic rings with 3 tiny tabs (same as UG).. do 6 speed UG and HG spacers give the same clearance between cogs? not sure on that one.

UG cassettes I've had were with unsplined loose-fitting spacers like Campag.

Apologies for late-night skim-reading and overhasty reply. Could have sworn it said HG.

Some things always look different in the morning.

:oops:

Back