Help identifying a Freddie Grubb

Hi, I know of a Grubb Perfection from 1949 with a number about 80 higher, so 1948/49 looks right. I Hope that helps. Do bare in mind, larger frames can be ridden okay, don't dismiss using it, I'm usually on 23 inch'ish frame ( which that frame looks about ! ), but I do have a 25 inch frame that I use now and then. Terry

Thanks for that information OldTel, that's near enough for me.

I would love to get this frame up and running but I'm only about 5'4", I couldn't consider anything more than a "spin around the block" on a bike this big.

Back in those days we rode frames which had the saddle smack against the top tube, We used to sell people bikes where we "reversed" the saddle clip so that the saddle was almost below the top tube so they could get on them........ I have a 56cm Basso but back then I would have been sold a 25" Longfellow LOL

Shaun

Have just joined so apologies for a late reply. I have three Grubb 'Perfections' or at least I think I have. Its difficult to identify the different lugs. One sold to me as an Exquisite is on the Classiclightweights site and has quite different lugs to yours. I have another Grubb which I take to be a Perfection which has lugs like yours but without windows so it may be a Cote D'Azur. the other is a Holdsworth Perfection. Either way your frame is a top of the range Grubb and is well worth sorting out; both of mine ride beautifully. I should think that 49/50 is about right for age.

sdp2112":8jsb1l37 said:
Have just joined so apologies for a late reply. I have three Grubb 'Perfections' or at least I think I have. Its difficult to identify the different lugs. One sold to me as an Exquisite is on the Classiclightweights site and has quite different lugs to yours. I have another Grubb which I take to be a Perfection which has lugs like yours but without windows so it may be a Cote D'Azur. the other is a Holdsworth Perfection. Either way your frame is a top of the range Grubb and is well worth sorting out; both of mine ride beautifully. I should think that 49/50 is about right for age.

Hi there and welcome.

I have found a new owner for the frame as it's way too big for me. I'll be posting it to him shortly and hopefully he'll be able to get it all straight and up and running.

Back