WETHERBY country cruise. 1.9.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
as above, really.

water/drink of choice is your main requirement. food wise, there is a pub stop planned 60% way round for usual pub grub( burger/fries/salad, various paninis etc...) and, once in wetherby(90% round) there is all the usual shops and chippy.

on most rides, most riders have 'something' with them. fruit, jelly sweets etc..

this ride is of low demand on rider and bike so no need to over-pack. conversely.. some rides you can't bring enough, always starving :) that's just me though! as ever, as long as we have some liquid i'm content. a 500/750ml bottle of water should be fine.

don't feel you need a ton of tools either. between us we can take care of most mechanical issues. as a rule, see your bike is in as good of shape as foresee-able before the ride, then we just muck in ;)

cheers.

GhostyDog":2cd9su6h said:
Got helmet, got bike prepped, just needs a bit of a shakedown (again) to get it setup and should be good to go.

Not having been on a proper ride in a number of years what do you guys normally take along for nourishment?

I've noticed in photos on other threads folk tend to wear lightweight walking boots, is this the norm?

Cheers

Sean

marc two tone has planned this ride, given that it includes food stop and will almost certainly not be far from food anywhere around the ride ;)
Bring some drink, 1 litre usually does me for easy cool rides though more is always a good choice. You'll often be able to fill it up at some point as well.

Shoes, well a lot use clipless pedals (SPD's) and so have shoes for them, ranging from Aldi/Lidl specials to uber expensive (though doubt any of us lot have them... we seem to be a Aldi special bunch :)) These can look like lightweight walking shoes and boots. Just rid in whatever is comfy for you on the bike.

Since you're getting back in to it, keep an eye out for Aldi and Lidl offers on bike things, cheap and not bad cycle clothing. they'll often be posted up on the forum somewhere.

If you can, bring a spare inner tube, even if you don't use it, somebody will and at some point you'll pay the inner tube swap back.

As for a bike shake down.. I often use the ride itself :LOL: any niggles, bring it up and it can often be fixed over some chat or at a puncture stop.

This sounds like an excellent rise for you to start riding.

put down as a possible for this one.
i'll have my car taxed & mot'd.
not been on a proper ride for months, so this should do nicely.

videojetman":iepc1za3 said:
put down as a possible for this one.
i'll have my car taxed & mot'd.
not been on a proper ride for months, so this should do nicely.

M62-A1 (north)=happy days(as often said in hollyoaks). ;)

cheers.

Thanks all, just been out for a quick ride round the block and bike seems happy with the work ive done on it over the past couple of days so im good to go :)

Hope to get a few more rides in between now and then, my wrists are gonna hurt :(

Really looking forward to it, hope the weather is good.

Sean

GhostyDog":37pmyjsf said:
Thanks all, just been out for a quick ride round the block and bike seems happy with the work ive done on it over the past couple of days so im good to go :)

Hope to get a few more rides in between now and then, my wrists are gonna hurt :(

Really looking forward to it, hope the weather is good.

Sean

See you there Sean, I am sure you will have a great day.

Thanks Stuart

hello all. looking to get back out next month, but its looking busy. so was gunna go with peaks ride on 15th and kaya singletrack end of month.. means i'll be missing this although local. have a good one.

Had a thought, any idea what time you'll be eating... other than all the time ;) and what time you're aiming to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back