My 99 GT Lobo-1000DH build (finished page 5)

trxrincon":2ogiespq said:
preloved be cool to see your lobo, when shes done. oh and thanks! As for the AC cranks and chain ring, time and luck....... and lots of it, it took me around 4 months to find the cranks and i'd say another 2 for the chain ring.

Yikes! I wonder how many people who were into cycling around the time these were new and no longer are have stuff like AC cranks kicking about in the garage and have no idea how much they are now worth etc.

Loads of my friends I used to ride with had some pretty cool bikes back then ( Spooky Metalheads, Chameleons etc all with nice parts) which are probably just left in the shed or the garage now!

Looks great but could look better............

........It's all about perception and although we here can appreciate it in a garden setting it will look so much more if you get some pics of it outdoors in a hill setting with some rocky outcrops dotted about and plenty of scree :D

Overall youve done a fabulous job and should rightly be chuffed as f*** :cool: :cool:

haha dyna I'm not that much of a fanny to worry about the back ground! its all about the bike. Cheers tho I am indeed chuffed as fook with the bike. I've wanted a Lobo since I was 13 (in 99) and now I've got a gem of a one!

Are you finding the tyre rubs the frame when fully into its travel? If so you want to lower the trunion on the rear shock so that the shock points towards the frame and not towards the rear wheel. Yours looks like it will defo rub 4-5"'s into the travel due to shock position.

Lovely bike though :)

chris how do I do that? It doesnt really matter tho as I'm not going to be using it much at all. She's just gonna be a carpet queen.

Undo the 2 bolts that holds the trunion. Once removed the shock will drop (maybe with a little push) you then need to wind the lock-ring and the trunion to the bottom of the threads on the shock barrel. Once at the bottom of the treads bolt back to the swing arm. This will lift the BB height bt more importantly stop any frame rub on the tyre. :D

I've attached a link to my lobo so you can see better what I mean.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=215575

Back