Have you ever been to France?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Total voters
Go at least once a year for a week to cycle, but the last few years also 2 weeks in summer with the family (no bike). Would recommend it to anyone. Country side is the best and if you avoid the main roads I can't think of a better place to ride my roadbike. Mtb seems good as well. Have only tried a little in the Drome (provence) and Auvergne. Both great XC riding. If you're into the downhill stuff my guess is you need to go to the alps or pyrenees.
As said, it helps to know a bit of basic French.

Been many times. Skiing, summer holidays - adventure holidays.

Tis a great country, I'm half thinking about packing up the car and heading over there for a week in september once the school holidays are over. I can be there in three hours from here, or I could go in the other direction and be in birmingham . . . . hmmm. . . . :LOL:

hamster":pj7jytip said:
tintin40":pj7jytip said:
twice. boring both times. GB is better to be a tourist in.

I take it you don't like food, wine and cycling? :?

Mainly British food certainly not French food. Dont drink. Cycling is OK as cheap form of transport in the summer.

Considering the wife is French and the nipper has dual nationality I've been once or twice.. :p

Cycled once from France then through Germany into Switzerland, sounds cool but in reality its only a 40k ride :D

Nice place to ride though.

Yep, loads mainly doing this \/ in the Alps :D
022.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg
:cool:

Back